cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling noise during mobile call.

Russ66

Crackling noise during mobile call.

Hi,

When I make a phone call the recipients complain of a very bad line, some likening it to the old fax machine noise but I can't hear it my end.

I have tried my phone with a Tesco sim & it works fine and a quick Google would suggest a problem with the sim card which is the old 3G Life Mobile sim. I have checked the EE site for problems in my area but none are listed.

Anybody else experienced anything like this? TIA.

5 REPLIES 5
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Crackling noise during mobile call.

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

When you're experiencing this disruption, is this when you're in your own home or out and about? Also, when the issue occurs, is this with any mobile number calling you or just one specific number? 

Thanks,

- Rebeka 

Russ66

Hi,

now that you've mentioned it I would have to agree that It does mostly happen when I'm at home but has happened with several different mobile & landline calls.

The reason is that I have a company phone for day to day usage but this is my personal phone that has very light usage.

Thanks. 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid we can't always guarantee good signal at home due to network coverage. 4G speeds may also be affected by a number of factors, such as the density of building materials, tree cover, weather conditions and how many other people are using the network. 

What I would suggest is to give your SIM a re-boot, you can do this by the following:

> Turn the handset off

> Take the SIM card out

> Leave it for a couple of minutes

> Replace the SIM card

> Turn the handset back on again

This will refresh the signal to the SIM card and any changes made will be applied.

If possible, could you also try the SIM in another handset and ask someone if they could call you, both inside and outside of your home. 

Let me know how you get on with this. - Rebeka 

Russ66

Hi, thanks for posting.

I've already tried the sim reboot after reading about it in another post but to no avail. I don't have a 4G contract with you tho I do have a 4G phone.

It always worked well when it was Life and I've only really had the intermittent problems since the switch to Plusnet. But as I only make a few calls a month on this phone I've just put up with it thinking it will fix itself.

I will try it away from home & in another phone when I can but both my work phone & Wife's phone are locked to other networks as I've tried it in them. My phone works fine with their sims in it so I assumed it was an issue with the old sim.

Thanks.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Russ66,

I'd like to take a look into this further for you and check your account to make sure that everything is as it should be. As I can't discuss this publicly due to Data Protection, can you please send me a private message and I'll pick this up.

Thanks,

- Rebeka Smiley