cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage at Tattershall Lakes LN4 4LR.

suke
Grafter

Coverage at Tattershall Lakes LN4 4LR.

Could someone have a word with EE about the coverage at Tattershall lakes.  According to the coverage checker :-You'll get great coverage outdoors and good coverage indoors on 4G-enabled devices.  Fact is the service is appalling with 1-3 mbts at the most.  Have spoken to several people all using different phones and all say the service is very poor.  Would like to think i am paying for a service where i could get good internet without constant buffering

9 REPLIES 9
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Coverage at Tattershall Lakes LN4 4LR.

I can't help with your issue, but I have never found any of these service checkers of any use - all networks, not limited to EE.

The only way I have been able to check is by trying a s.i.m. from each of them to find the best service, either p.a.y.g. or one offering a 30 day rolling contract where all you "lose" is the initial month if they're no good.. Not ideal but it's the only thing that has worked for me!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Initially check EE's network status here - EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Network results - presently it doe not report an issue for that location with iPhone 13.  You do not advise which phone you have.

HOWEVER Plusnet mobile does not have access to the 800mHz 4G mobile band and the EE status site does not indicate which 4G band covers any area.

A few yards West of the Church and the 3G signal gets ropey!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

suke
Grafter

As i said in my first post it's not just one phone its several different people on different phones and different providers.  I have a Ziaomi mi10, wife has an iPhone 13 on PlusNet.  Daughter has an iPhone 10 and her partner has a Samsung s21 on Tesco mobile.  Whilst different providers the fact is the coverage in this area is appalling.  The signal deteriorates throughout the day which becomes pretty useless mid-afternoon.

Why does Plusnet noy have access?

Its time someone looked into why the service is so poor in this area.  I pay for this service and i expect it to be usable

suke
Grafter

Newagetraveller I have actually done this with 2 different providers at Tattershall.  It seems like this place is a black hole for internet services from all providers.  They really need to get their act together

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Though Plusnet is not listed here, it gives you some background to the 4G bands and an indication of which MNVOs use which bands.  4G and 5G frequency bands in the UK

Note particularly:

"The lower the frequency of the band the further it can travel, so the 800MHz band is the most adept at travelling over long distances, which means users can get a 4G signal even when they’re a long way from a mast. This becomes particularly useful in rural areas where masts are likely to be quite spread out.

However, it also has some advantages in cities, because low frequencies are also good at passing through walls and other physical objects. So the 800MHz band is good for indoor coverage and for heavily built up areas where a signal might otherwise struggle to travel."

As advised previously, the 800MHz band is not available to Plusnet, nor for that matter a good number of other MNVOs.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Update: One of the other SUs reminded me that there is a Plusnet coverage checker (but not a fault checker) which is reputed to be adjusted for the non-access to the 800MHz band - see Mobile Network Coverage Checker UK - 4G & 3G SIM | Plusnet Mobile

Suggest that you contact Mobile Support direct to discuss signal quality in your area.

newagetraveller
Pro

"It seems like this place is a black hole for internet services from all providers.  They really need to get their act together"

Agreed. I am in a similar situation re home location. There's only one network with a useable mobile signal here. According to various "checkers" indoors is good and outdoors excellent for all of them.🙄 Not only mobile networks but T.V. and radio reception too. D.A.B., no chance. So if F.M. is ever discontinued, no radio listening - do they still use A.M.!? Yes, I can receive radio broadcasts from the t.v. but it's a bit big to carry into the garage or upstairs.

However, just the opposite with fibre broadband thanks to Superfast Staffordshire and taxpayers money, 80mb/s down, 20mb/s up, no problem.😎

Sorry, gone off subject.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

So if F.M. is ever discontinued, no radio listening

Internet radio app on a mobile, connected to your wifi...

newagetraveller
Pro

Which shouldn't be necessary if a decent over the air service was provided.