cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copenhagen 4G coverage

RM2

Copenhagen 4G coverage

I have just been to Copehagen for a few days, during the time that I was there I was unable to connect to the 4G network at any point, which made my phone almost unusable. I have just spoken to Customer Services and they informed me of the following (with words to the effect of) “That would be an issue wth coverage Sir, we do not guarantee 4G coverage. Read your terms and conditions”. 

Is the lack of 4G coverage in Copenhagen only my experience or has it been similar for others?

4 REPLIES 4
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Copenhagen 4G coverage

Sorry, but why would Plusnet have any information about 4G coverage by a Danish mobile telecoms company?

I am not with PN Mobile but I barely receive a 3G service in many U.K. locations. In fact, at this moment I have a very poor 3G signal at my location.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @RM2

Welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear you were having issues with your Data signal whilst overseas. 

Whilst we offer a "Roam Like At Home" service, this is in regards to pricing more than signal strength or service ability. Essentially, if you are in a RLAH area you will not get charged extra for using your services. 

The ability to use your Mobile Phone whilst abroad relies on the carrier which you auto connect to when you are in that destination and not with your UK carried, i'm afraid. 

As your Phone will connect to the closet local mast, your Data, calls, message, signal etc is unfortunately down to the functionality of the foreign network and carrier, we do not have the ability to troubleshoot tech issues such as 4G coverage or availability on networks which we are not part of. 

I hope this clears up any confusion. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

RM2

Thanks you for your reply. I understand that you cannot be responsible for trouble shooting of a foreign network. The reason that I asked was that my colleague did not have any problems connecting to the local network during our time in Copenhagen. The difference I could see between us was our choice of UK provider.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@RM2 This (albeit quite old) https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/4g-in-copenhagen-denmark/td-p/454495 might explain why you couldn't get a 4g connection. Seems like(at least back then) that EE, and thus Plusnet,  only had a 4g roaming agreement with the Telia network.

What UK mobile provider was your colleague with?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.