cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

shoneyman85

Contract Renewal

I have been informed by the renewals time through online chat that my contract renewal date is the 29th December 2017, despite starting the contract on the 22nd November 2015 (which is evidenced by my billing history).

I was ported over from Life mobile. Has anyone else had any of these issues and if so how can it be resolved?

Stu

9 REPLIES 9
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Contract Renewal

Hi shoneyman85!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

When you signed up with us, your start date will be two working days from this date, as this is when the account/SIM becomes officially live. 

If you then port in, your start date will show from the date of port completion. So for example, if you started your account on the 22/12/15, and then the port completed on the 29/12/15, this will then show as the account start date; as this is from when the new number was associated with the new account. 

Although you have been advised that your account started on 29/12/15 (which may be correct), the bill will show the month beforehand 22/11/15 (the date you started the account before a possible port in), as we charge for usages in arrears, and this was the date the account became live before you could have possibly ported in. 

I cannot confirm the above information is correct, as I do not have access to your account via this public platform however, if you did port in, this will more than likely be the reason as to why your start date changed from 22/12/15 to the 29/12/15.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll do my best to help. 

- Rebeka 

shoneyman85

I'm really sorry, this makes no sense.

I have been billed from the 22ND November 2015 on a 24 month contract. I am therefore out of my contract from the 21St November 2017 am I not?

I also wasn't "ported" from anywhere. I didn't choose to move from life mobile, it was acquired by plusnet during the life of my contract. I merely asked if this was were the error has occurred.

Can anyone advise of any kind of complaints process?
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry that this appears to be confusing shoneyman85, hopefully I can try and clarify this for you. 

When you first open an account with us, the billing period will start the month before this to account for the usages in areas. 

So if you have been advised that your account started on the 22/12/15, then you will have a billing period from the 22/11/15.

With regards to porting in, if you have decided to transfer your number to us from another network, this will amend your start date from when the account was opened (22/12/15), to the date the transfer was complete (29/12/15).

If you would like to raise this as an official complaint, you will first need to contact us and request a manager call back. From this, your query will either be resolved or escalated to our Complaints Team. 

- Rebeka 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

why and indeed where does it state that porting in a number restarts the contract

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

so please explain the advice given in the opening post

shoneyman85

It still doesn't make sense to me.
Why would my first bill state it is to cover the 22ND November to the 22ND December if my contract didn't start until the 29th December and my bill was generated on the 22ND ,December?

Can you please ask someone to call me as this still doesn't make any sense. I also don't understand why porting a number would also extend my contract length. Doesn't seem very reasonable...
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm unable to advise of the information that was provided to the customer at that time 

When you first open an account with us, the billing period will start the month before this to account for the usages in areas. 

So if you have been advised that your account started on the 22/12/15, then you will have a billing period from the 22/11/15.

With regards to porting in, if you have decided to transfer your number to us from another network, this will amend your start date from when the account was opened (22/12/15), to the date the transfer was complete (29/12/15).

If you would like to raise this as an official complaint, you will first need to contact us and request a manager call back. From this, your query will either be resolved or escalated to our Complaints Team. 

I also cannot advise of any account specifics via a public forum. From what I have already advised, is based on the information provided by the customer and our billing process.

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you can send me a Private Message shoneyman85, I can certainly take a look into your account for you. 

Alternatively, you can call us on 500 free from your handset, or 0800 079 1133.

- Rebeka