cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuously going to Emergency Calls Only - Did it a lot last month also.

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Continuously going to Emergency Calls Only - Did it a lot last month also.

Hi there, been trying to call you but with the phone being bad it's dropping out again and they either can't hear me on the phone or when they do it's losing connection with me having to call back again and wait another 10 mins or so to get through.

Last month for around 2 weeks or so my phone (and my mum's which I also pay for) was continuously dropping out and going to Emergency Calls Only, turned out it was something to do with the EE network which as I say took a couple of weeks to get fixed.

However I noticed the past couple of days it doing it again, decided to check the EE network and noticed it's coming up with "SERVICE PROBLEM IN **** *** (blanked out my postcode) We are aware of a problem with this site. Please click below to stay updated."

I know this isn't Plusnet's fault as such but it's getting very annoying as I'm paying for this, not just mine but my mum's also and it's not fair, it was very temperamental for a week or two last month and now it's doing it again the past couple of days, I'm only writing here because I can't speak to you on the phone as they can't hear me or it completely cuts out.

I'm just getting really annoyed as the past couple of weeks I've had quite a not very nice service lately, not feeling very appreciated and having pretty bad Wi-Fi problems too (I don't want to go into that now because it's been very tedious and annoying).

Can you please sort this out as it's not fair, I hope Plusnet can do better than this as normally you are great but the last month or so has been very disappointing and it's just really heartbreaking to be honest, I think sometimes you think people are just complaining just because or being difficult but they're really not, it's just not been great lately at all Sad

Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Re: Continuously going to Emergency Calls Only - Did it a lot last month also.

Just tried again, got cut off, I can't keep ringing, waiting 10 - 15 mins or so only to get cut off all the time, it needs fixing, you should be able to see this on my account with the contacts and it cutting off.

Plusnet service has been awful lately yet up until now they've always been fantastic, I really don't know what's going on with Plusnet lately, it's been really bad (Terrible Wi-Fi issues, feeling unappreciated and mobile again).

I pay good money for a lot of Plusnet services (Broadband, TV (inc packages), mobile (myself and my mums)) and I'm not getting the services as I should be.

Thanks. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @robbieglover2k - I hope you're well.

I've used the postcode from your broadband account and can see that there is unfortunately a mobile issue in your area at present. As much as I appreciate why this is incredibly frustrating, I'm afraid there isn't anything that I can do to resolve this at this stage - our suppliers, EE are aware of the issue and working to resolve it - it's worth noting that you can provide your mobile number and/or email address to be kept up to date on the progress of this work here.

I hope this is sorted for you soon.

Best wishes

Dave

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

I've already done that @RandallFlagg but that doesn't change the fact that this happened last month for around 2 weeks or so with barely any service and now happening again.

Granted Plusnet kindly gave me a credit due to the outage/lack of service last month but it's happening again and this is very frustrating, I pay for the service on two accounts and it's barely ever on on either of them.

I know this isn't Plusnet's fault as such but the customer shouldn't lose out because of lack of service, it's really not fair.

Can you not get in touch with EE and get them to sort it out because this is not right.

Thank you, I appreciate it Smiley

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @robbieglover2k,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this outage is causing you. EE are aware of the problem and are working to resolve this as soon as they can. Unfortunately, they've not yet been able to provide an estimate as to when this will be resolved and there isn't anything that we can do from our side to get this resolved sooner.

If you put your postcode into the outage checker here and then click "keep me posted" and enter your details, our suppliers will keep you updated on the progress of the fix. Please get back in touch once your services are back to normal and we will arrange a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience that this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

No problem @EmilyD and I know, and thank you Smiley

Honestly, I think I've just been getting very frustrated lately that's all what with a few issues I've had with Plusnet and really more so to do with disappointment cause I've always massively praised Plusnet and I loved the fact that I did too cause you guys were great, then recently I've had a few issue's where I've felt completely unappreciated and then the Wi-Fi and now phone, it's just worn me out.

I see Plusnet having to write a lot of sorry posts to people lately and it really shouldn't be the case cause you guys are honestly, genuinely usually very good, it just seems lately for some reason that's all and I'm not sure why.

I've done the "Keep me posted" thing anyway and I will get back in touch with you, again thank you for this and I realise this isn't Plusnet's fault on this one but with this doing it twice recently I'm not sure what you can do in regards to contact with the EE service but maybe you can kindly look into that so they don't have any more outages as it's becoming too regular.

Thanks Emily, I really appreciate it Smiley  

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Hi @EmilyD, I've just had an update text message now that reads:

Network update: The problem at (postcode here) has now been fixed, we recommend you restart your device. If you have already done this and are still having problems, lease call us on 150.

Can you be so kind to add some credit as promised, remember I do have two of these which have been affected, my sim card and the additional one I pay for on my account for my mum.

Anyway info I can PM you, hopefully it should be ok now but will let you know if anymore problems however thank you Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @robbieglover2k thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your service.

I'm afraid there's no way for us to chase mobile service problems up with our suppliers, we'd simply check the same website you'd do at: https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice and these are beyond our control. Sad Having said that, I'm happy to see that the service problem has been fixed. Thumbs_Up

We don't normally provide compensation for service problems, but if you can PM me your full name, full address, mobile number and confirm you're the account holder I'd be happy to see if there's any goodwill gesture we can offer on this occasion. Smiley

I've also taken the time to look into the issues you're experiencing with your broadband connection and testing your line isn't showing any issues with the broadband signal going into your router. I believe we've discussed this further Here.

If you're still experiencing connection problems following the steps we've helped you carry out, would you be able to try a wired connection just to narrow down where the issue may lie? Based on our testing it's likely your connection will be fine that way but it's worth a go just in case you are having issues and this will allow us to investigate further.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @Gandalf , I'll PM you now Smiley

Honestly, I do understand the outage isn't Plusnet's fault but when customers lose service (for whatever reason) it is only right they are compensated, hopefully EE will have this rectified now and it'll be the last time it goes down.

I'll PM you anyway now and please know my gratitude for this also as I am sincerely grateful so thank you Smiley 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers @robbieglover2k I'll message you back soon Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet