cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly being told my direct debit has been cancelled (it hasn't)

MIchaelB1
Grafter

Re: Constantly being told my direct debit has been cancelled (it hasn't)

Hi @TheMightyAJ ,

Thank you for the PM which confirms what I was already told. However, as you'll see from the email I posted today, my account has been restricted again. I appreciate that you are trying to sort out the root cause of this and I'm happy to be patient a bit longer, but if you would be so kind as to switch my phone back on in the meantime that would be lovely.

Thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @MIchaelB1,

I've sent another PM regarding this issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

What about a daily pro-actively searching out all the unjustifiably restricted customers and re-enabling them - and blocking any repeat restrictions on those accounts for x weeks while you sort it?

Theres a couple of PN staff on here who might actually be usefully employed doing that rather than

giphy.gif

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Maryj
Hooked

Im going to walk. Its stupid to be constantly worrying about this
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @RobC, with regards:

@TheMightyAJ wrote:

however if you have any further queries then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

@RobC wrote:

For Gods sake why dont YOU Plusnet 'support' people make sure an issue is resolved once its raised with you?

Let alone REPEATEDLY raised with you ...

I think you may have misunderstood @TheMightyAJ's intention of offering assistance proactively should any further issues arise, separate to the billing issue that had been already been partially addressed via private ticket.

We (as with the other ISP's I've worked at) do rely on customers reporting issues - it just isn't feasible for us to monitor every account on file all of the time.

@Maryj, thanks for getting back to us.

We're sorry that you feel this way but can assure you that our back office teams are working hard to resolve the erroneous restriction issue ASAP.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@OskarPapa wrote:

Hi @RobC, with regards:

@RobC wrote:

For Gods sake why dont YOU Plusnet 'support' people make sure an issue is resolved once its raised with you?

Let alone REPEATEDLY raised with you ...

I think you may have misunderstood @TheMightyAJ's intention of offering assistance proactively should any further issues arise, separate to the billing issue that had been already been partially addressed via private ticket.

We (as with the other ISP's I've worked at) do rely on customers reporting issues - it just isn't feasible for us to monitor every account on file all of the time.

I don't believe I have misunderstood at all

The issue was raised - and raised again, just as similar customers have raised THIS and other ongoing PN issues repeatedly affecting them day after day in other threads, but YOU should already know this is a recurring issue.

There is a key difference between customers raising issues,

and customers repeatedly being impacted by the same already raised issue again and again (or just continuously)

- particularly when you should KNOW its a recurring issue - which customers initially wont be aware of.

I dont accept that doing the same thing as has already NOT (or at best temporarily) addressed the issue, and only then when you get chased,  counts as a solution - or even basic competency.

A competent company would have quickly stopped these inappropriate restrictions and messages even if it cost them a few quid in genuine account restrictions being missed for a short while.

It IS part of your license requirements to treat customers fairly and reasonably.

Let me ask a question

How many legitimate account restrictions do PN action daily?

10? 50? 100? 500?

Even at 500 a day a manual intervention or simple temporary block until its resolved would be worth the cost to prevent such appallingly bad customer service and perception.

.. and would mean you CS here wouldn't be failing to properly resolve the same issue again and again.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Maryj
Hooked

II' sure you are doing everything you can but I think this is out of your scope. There is a major problem with the Plusnet banking area. I get excellent coverage and good service except for this. But this is enough to make  things so uncertain. What happens if I'm away and suddenly my service is restricted?

You'll do your best but ultimately it's not something you can fix. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Maryj,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have just replied to your earlier PM from last night.

Thank you.

MIchaelB1
Grafter

When I got the email about reaching the smart cap limit, I logged on to my account to make a payment of £5 (this was on Monday the 11th). I still don't see this being credited to my account, but my card has been charged.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @MIchaelB1, can you drop me a private message confirming your full name, address and mobile number and I'll take a look at this for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
MIchaelB1
Grafter

Despite my account being in credit now (I think), I still got a text message the middle of last month saying a payment would be taken. However the direct debit date has been and gone and no payment was taken again. My service is still working, for now, but should I be worried that the direct debit still doesn't seem to be working?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'll just need to pass account security with you before I can look into that. Could you send me a private message confirming your name and address including postcode please?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MIchaelB1
Grafter

Okay... I did that on Tuesday. Haven't heard anything since...

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @MIchaelB1,

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused but we have to pass security with yourself if it has been more than 24 hours between responses.

You can also speak with our Mobile team directly by dialling 500 from your mobile when using a Plusnet SIM. Our mobile customer services will be more than happy to assist and will stop you from having to provide security details via PM.

Kind Regards

MIchaelB1
Grafter

Yes, I suspected that might be the case.

Sigh...