cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly being told my direct debit has been cancelled (it hasn't)

MIchaelB1
Grafter

Constantly being told my direct debit has been cancelled (it hasn't)

I've just had another email telling me my direct debit has been cancelled and my mobile account will be restricted.

The first time it happend I phoned up and was told it was an error and that I should ignore it. My account was restricted two days later, so I phoned up again and had it reinstated. Both times I was told that my direct debit is still showing as active on the system and the details are correct.

I've now had another email telling me my account will be restricted in 48 hours. I'm getting a bit fed up now and I've got better things to do than spend half an hour on the phone every week trying to get my phone switched back on.

You've obviously updated your system recently and different parts of it obviously can't communicate properly. Your phone operators are seeing my correct direct debit as active so obviously from their point of view everything is fine and there's nothing they can do. Some other part of your system is obviously not working though.

Please sort this out.

43 REPLIES 43
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Constantly being told my direct debit has been cancelled (it hasn't)

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the Spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry for the issues you're experiencing.

I believe my colleague @abails0105 has sorted this out for you on the back of your PM here

Let us know if that's not the case and we'll be happy to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MIchaelB1
Grafter

Hi,

@abails0105 did reactivate my account for me, but this morning I've had yet another email:

Hello MICHAEL,

Mobile number xxxxxxxxx

Unfortunately, we've not been able to take your Direct Debit payment. Because of this we've restricted your service to only allow usage of your plan allowance of minutes/texts/data.
Please make a payment as soon as you can by logging in to My Account, or you can call us for free on 500 from your Plusnet mobile. If after 48 hours we've not had a payment, we will have to restrict your service further.
If you can't pay the outstanding balance by your payment date, 18, then we'll apply a £10 late payment fee, so it's a good idea to make sure all your payment details are up to date in My Account.
Please call us as soon as you can for free on 500 from your mobile or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.

Thanks,
The Plusnet Mobile Team

MIchaelB1
Grafter

Also had an email and text saying my smartcap limit has been reached (due to previous direct debits not being taken). I've logged on to my account and made a payment, but I can't even see if this has gone through or had any effect. I've just raised the smartcap as well.

MIchaelB1
Grafter

And my account screen now says "No Payment Method" set up, rather than "Direct Debit In Place" as it did the last time I checked.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @MIchaelB1 thanks for getting back in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you are having with your mobile service again. As it's been over 24 hours since our last touch, we do need to run through security questions again. Can you please private message:

-your full name
-your full address including postcode
-your mobile number

Once you've sent the PM, can you respond on here advising you have done so.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
MIchaelB1
Grafter

Hi @abails0105 

I've sent the PM

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @MIchaelB1

I have sent you a PM. Please have a look into your inboxes.

Once you have responded to my PM, can you please respond on this thread advising you have done so.

Many thanks.

MIchaelB1
Grafter

Have replied, thanks.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @MIchaelB1

I have responded to your query via a PM.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

MIchaelB1
Grafter

This is still going on....

Hello MICHAEL,

Mobile number xxxxxxxxxx

We got in touch recently to let you know that we had to restrict your services to plan usage only. This was due to either not being able to take a payment, or your Direct Debit details being cancelled.
As it's now been 48 hours (or you've hit your plan refresh date) and you've not been in touch to make a payment or update your details, we've unfortunately had to restrict your services further.
You'll still be able to make calls to emergency services and to our Plusnet customer support team, but won't be able to make any other calls, send texts or use any data.
Please give us a call as soon as you can, for free, on 500 from your Plusnet mobile or on 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.

Thanks,
The Plusnet Mobile Team

MIchaelB1
Grafter

Does it make sense to just phone up tonight, cancel the direct debit, and set up a "new" direct debit (to the same account)? I can't really see any other way out of this cycle.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @MIchaelB1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I have sent you a private message regarding this issue, however if you have any further queries then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@TheMightyAJ wrote:

however if you have any further queries then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

For Gods sake why dont YOU Plusnet 'support' people make sure an issue is resolved once its raised with you?

Let alone REPEATEDLY raised with you ...

Rather than expecting customers to do your work - how about you lot actually doing what Plusnet pay you for?

... Or is it actually company policy to just fob issues off?

Let me know if I can help you further with this ...

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots