cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conned by plusnet

cdc
Hooked

Conned by plusnet

I have been without my regular mobile number for 7 days (and counting) after making the mistake to join Plusnet mobile. This is a number that I use for my business purposes.  Every hour my number is out of service it costs me money.   Numerous phone calls and emails to Plusnet have all been met with vague replies.

I was promised in writing that the port would take 1-2 days to commence, and on the day of the transfer it would involve minor disruption.  I was happy to join Plusnet on those terms .  Now it feels as though I have been conned !  

I will certainly be taking the matter further- if it is not an OFCOM matter then I possibly have consumer rights but I intend to investigate the options. If i find out more I will post back on here to let people know.    As a first stage, I have raised a formal complaint with Plusnet- although the damage to me is already done (and continues to be done).

Plusnet are clearly unable to cope.  None of my previous networks have ever behaved like this. 

6 REPLIES 6
ayster
Dabbler

Re: Conned by plusnet

I am in the same boat its been 5 working days without my old number being ported and like you I require it for business. Not impressed with the service so far!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your port-in request. We do advise a 2 working day timescale to complete; so I apologise if you have experienced a delay. Once the 2 working day timescale has passed, this will be flagged with our network engineers who will need to manually push this through. Rest assured, if it's happened to reach this stage, our team will be working their hardest to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We do understand how important your number is to you and want to get you fully up and running with it as soon as possible, your patience is much appreciated.

- Rebeka 

cdc
Hooked

Rebeka-  This is simply untrue and you know it. 

I have been given these standard 'cut and paste' answers all week.  I am heading into my second weekend with my business number cut off. I can't believe that as a member of plusnet staff you are still saying that it takes 1-2 days to port a number.  This is a lie. Have a look at these forums and it is obvious to anyone that there is a severe problem with the number porting process and it is taking everyone well beyond 1-2 days.  probably more like 2 weeks.

Can you please give an honest, frank answer as to how long your backlog currently is ?  Although I doubt you will reply again.

G3WYP
Rising Star

I had a similar problem, but thankfully not as long, and when I contacted PlusNet they advised switching the phone off and removing the Sim for 10 minutes then putting Sim back in and switching phone back on and after it booted up I had my old number back and all was and has been OK.

Just a thought that might help

cdc
Hooked

No- its not a technical issue to do with switching the phone on and off.  Plusnet have not completed the porting process and my original telephone number has been "lost" for a week- and counting.  It appears to be a mounting crisis within plusnet, but they are trying to get away with fobbing customers off. Lying to them. Read these forums and you will see the number of people affected is very substantial. 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

The usual timescale for a port-in is up to 2 working days however, with your current port-in delay, there has been an extension to this. I can only imagine the inconvenience and distress this has caused, but as advised we are working to get this fixed as quickly as we can. 

If you want to send me a private message, I can take a look at your account and check to see if there's an update on this.

- Rebeka