Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion with Plusnet Mobile billing dates

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Confusion with Plusnet Mobile billing dates

I took out a Plusnet Mobile SIM on 20th April and the first bill that I downloaded from the Plusnet website rightly shows the billing period as 20 April 2021 - 19 May 2021.

However, if I just look at the bill details on the app or the website without downloading the actual bill it shows the usage period as 20 Mar 2021 - 19 April 2021. This is confusing to say the least. I obviously wasn't with Plusnet Mobile in March and I assume that the payments are made in advance. I am due my second bill tomorrow so I will have a look and see if it corrects the problem.

Has anyone else noticed this on their bill and am I right in thinking that I am paying a month in advance?

Annie
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Confusion with Plusnet Mobile billing dates

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Account / Billing to Mobile

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Annie, that is a tad confusing but I can confirm you do pay for your services in advance, so the payment you've made on the 20th April would've covered you to the 19th May, and the next bill should be from 20th May to 19th June. 

Let us know if there are any issues once the next bill's generated though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Annie
Rising Star

Thank you for your reply @Gandalf . I will check to see how it shows when the next bill arrives tomorrow.

Annie
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds good @Annie 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Annie
Rising Star

New bill has arrived and it makes a bit more sense now that it covers a period where calls, etc. have been made. (see image)

Is anyone able to tell me what MMS Data is? Not to be confused with a MMS picture text message. There are a couple of days where I have two entries for the same day under the Data section, one saying Data and the other saying MMS Data.

29/04/21 Data 0.04 4.69 £0.00
29/04/21 MMS Data 0.01 4.69 £0.00

Annie
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Annie As far as I'm aware MMS Data is the same as MMS texts, in that sometimes the phone would send the picture message via 3G/4G rather than ordinary phone signal (text)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Annie
Rising Star

@Gandalf - I have never sent a picture message. The only thing I can think of is a picture sent through Facebook Messenger. Perhaps this is what it is. It doesn't really matter too much as there was no cost.

Annie
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Having a quick Google online, it looks like pictures etc sent via Facebook Messenger can flag up as MMS Data. I imagine it’s showing as free on your bill as rightfully this sort of stuff should be included in your data allowance as you are on the internet rather than sending a picture message the ‘old fashioned’ way. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Annie have you received any MMS messages ? I believe data is used to download them

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Annie
Rising Star

@MisterW no I have never received a picture MMS message. I have always been on a PAYG tariff until last month when I took out a Plusnet SIM so I've always been very conscious of costs.

Annie