Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Competition texts

kevanm
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Competition texts

Hi - am I right it thinking it's not possible to send a text message to a short number to enter a competition etc?

I've been trying to send a text since Friday but it won't go - I wasn't sure if it was my zero signal or a ban on these numbers.

I was able to send them with Virgin, which also uses the EE network - can't we have an opt-in of some kind?

5 REPLIES 5
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Competition texts

Short code SMS aren't supported by plusnet
kevanm
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

That's what I thought.

Plusnet, you are NOT doing us proud - I'll never have my 60" TV now Smiley

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @kevanm, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid short code texting is currently unavailable to ourselves as mentioned by @Shep41. While there are no plans in place for this to change, we will communicate with our customers when this feature does become available to ourselves.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
denise16

Hi, one radio station that I listen to is Absolute and Plusnet is a sponsor on there. There are always competitions on there for text entries. It make no sense AT ALL that I can’t send a text to enter a competition which is sponsored by my phone provider.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @denise16, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

As we don't own the network some features such as texting shortcode numbers are currently unavailable to us. If this feature does become available to ourselves, communication will certainly be provided.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team