Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing an account

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Closing an account

On 24th April I contacted Plusnet to close a mobile account - with the 30 day notice that brought the account closure to 24th May. 

I have not had any confirmation by e-mail of the account closing,  and there is still no indication of the account closing in the online account - should there be some indication? Is it actually closing, or has it got lost in the system?

Also the full monthly advance fee was charged up to the 12th June 2020 - it may be that the difference will be refunded later, but surely it would have been easier to charge up to the date of the account closing.

7 REPLIES 7
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Closing an account

Hi @corringham, thanks for getting in touch

I'm sorry for the lack of communication there has been with the account closure. So we can look into this, could you please PM

- your full name and confirmation you're the account holder

- your full address including postcode

- your mobile number

- your date of birth

- last 2 digits from sort code and account number used to pay the bill

Once you've sent the PM, please do let us know via this public post

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion

Hi, I have now provided the requested details in a PM.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there , I've removed an incorrect balance from the account for you and it should now close automatically.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion

OK, I'm more confused now. There was no balance on the account.

However, I have now received an e-mail saying I've started to use my smart-cap (the phone has not been used since 24 April).

Checking my account online it now says I have used £5.25 outside of plan (which is the monthly cost), so has the pending direct debit been cancelled or something, and the monthly charge put against the smart-cap?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry for any confusion, please ignore that there was a balance of -£5.25 which I've credited off to zero it off so the account can close down automatically. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion

I'm still somewhat confused about what is happening regarding the closure of my mobile account.

A bill was raised on 13th May for the period up to 12th June. I had arranged for the account to close on  24th May, so this covers a period beyond the date on which the account was expected to close. The full amount for that bill has now been collected by DD.

The on -line account still shows no indication that the account is closed, and I have had no communication concerning the account closure.

After creating this thread a few days ago, adamwalker made a change to my account to credit it with £5.25 to zero the account so that it could close automatically. However, what appears to have happened is that there is now a charge of £5.25 for use outside of my allowance (the phone has not been used at all since 24th April). So I have now paid the full months bill which includes half a month when the account should be closed, I also have a pending charge of the same amount for extra use, and there is still no indication that the account is closed.

What  is going on?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @corringham, thanks for getting in touch

Apologies for the issues you've had with the account cancellation. I've raised a request off to the relevant department to have the outstanding money refunded back to yourself, this will be picked up shortly. Once no credit is showing on the account we can then get the account fully closed down as it should be. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing 

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team