cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing account

pyeomans
Dabbler

Closing account

I'm trying to close down my plusnet mobile account but can't see an option on my online account.

Is there an admin who can please help me close the account down please, and PM me?

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Closing account

@pyeomans 

See here for closing your account. https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/transferring-your-mobile-service/#how-can-i-ask-my-current-provider...

For info, we Mods are fellow customers, not Plusnet staff

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

pyeomans
Dabbler

Thanks for the information Baldrick.

I have already migrated away, and ported my number away (2 days ago). Just need to ensure my account was closed and the direct debit is cancelled.

Tedlooney

I thought requesting a pac code and porting my number to a new provider would close my account but another direct debit was subsequently taken by plusnet. Now when I log into my account to check I get a something went wrong message. I tried ringing but got tired of the award winning customer service keeping me on hold.
pyeomans
Dabbler

Yes i also get the 'something went wrong' message when i login to my account.

Spent 25 mins on the phone waiting to speak to customer services.

Tedlooney

Like you Pyeomans I just want to know if my account is closed and everything is in order. I'm abroad at the moment so calling Plusnet costs me. I would have thought plusnet would have alternative contact methods like email or chat with an actual human.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"I would have thought plusnet would have alternative contact methods like email or chat with an actual human. "

Now there's a simple and logical solution, but sadly, like many companies nowadays, not an option they wish to provide.🙄

brookheather
Rising Star

You can try sending an email to mobile-help@plus.net

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

When a PAC is used, the date the transfer takes place should prevent future payments from being taken after that, with a couple of caveats such as billing date changes. Then on your usual billing date your final bill will be generated totting up what we owe you for service you paid for and haven't had, then shortly after a refund is triggered to refund the funds back to you to the payment method you paid with or by cheque if the Direct debit is canceled.

@pyeomans @newagetraveller @Tedlooney If any off you still need help just let me know and I'll DM you for details and see what's what.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
pyeomans
Dabbler

Thanks for all the information.

I contacted Plusnet via email and everything is now in order.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@pyeomans  - Brill no worries, what about you @newagetraveller and @Tedlooney?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Plusnet Help Team
Tedlooney

Hi James, I emailed the address kindly suggested by Brookheather. I'm just waiting for a reply. Thanks
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Tedlooney  - No problem, if you need anything, just give us a shout.

Plusnet Help Team
louhanbel

Hi @James30 please can I have some assistance with closing my 30 day sim only contract account? I have already transferred my number on 27th June but my PN account is still active, although there is a message saying 'Something's gone wrong..'

The Direct Debit is still active and has taken money and I am concerned that it will continue to take money.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @louhanbel 

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened.

I'll send you a PM shortly asking for some more info so I can look into this

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team