cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my mobile account by mistake

Gregg
Grafter

Closed my mobile account by mistake

I had two broadband accounts because when I moved I setup a new account rather than do a move. This has turned out be a bit stupid because plusnet was not ready to deal with such a task. They were meant to cancel the first account but it was not cancelled in time so I had to get 3 months of refunds. 

Now they have cancelled the account it has cancelled my mobile account that I assume was associated with the first account. CRAZY!. Now I am at risk of losing my mobile number which I have had for years. 

I can't even contact support because that is my only phone. 

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Closed my mobile account by mistake

I'm really sorry to read this.

There appears to be more going on here as broadband and mobile accounts are in no way related to one another. In fact they're managed by two very different systems and two very different teams, apart from the social media/complaints teams.

To investigate further can you send me a PM with your full name, full address and your mobile number please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Mobile

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gregg
Grafter

Looks like it was just a coincidence, the mobile started working again after I called support from another sim card. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Ah fair. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet