Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese language robocalls scammer calls to PN mobile

nonplusme
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Chinese language robocalls scammer calls to PN mobile

Another year and still they come (at least at a reduced rate).

Looks like two on 12/1 one yesterday and a new variation today for the first time. It started

"Hello this is the Chinese embassy" before switching to Mandarin.

sue55

Calls stopped for a while but have started again, not quite every day but becoming more frequent again - we have given a months notice to plusnet to cancel contract.

Jackie3

I am getting really fed up with this Different mobile numbers at least 4 times a day sometimes 3 times a week Same as others sounds like same message but is in chinese Come on Plus net sort it out please Or I will be leaving you 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Jackie,

We're really sorry to hear that you are receiving these nuisance calls.

Please feel free to PM:

-  your full name
-  your full address including postcode
-  your mobile number

Kind Regards

- Ollie

sue55

We reported this problem when the calls started after joining plusnet, only my partner had the number but we were told nothing could be done and that it would cost £25 to change the number. The calls have continued almost daily with just a short break every now and again, I am not in the best of health and don't really use the phone very much but they are driving me mad! We weren't offered any help. We have now given a months notice to cancel our account - I don't think we should even have had to give a months notice!

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @sue55

We completely understand where you are coming from regarding this. However, changing numbers doesn't always remedy the situation.

As with @Jackie3 please feel free to PM

-  your full name
    -  your mobile number

Kind Regards

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Tags fixed.

nonplusme
Grafter

@OllieC wrote:

-  your full name
-  your mobile number

Why? What are you going to do with them?  

Last two times I called support about these spam calls I was told nothing can be done and wasn't asked for any information (like time and spoofed number to be able to identify one of the calls).

@OllieC wrote:

We completely understand where you are coming from regarding this. However, changing numbers doesn't always remedy the situation.

Whoopee, you know this thread started 5 months ago?

Miriam
Grafter

This thread may have started a while ago, but I reckon before searching for the thread I was having these very annoying calls at least 3 months before hand.   They stopped suddenly as they started about November/December - viola - last week I got 3 of them.   This is hopeless and very worrying when you have a next of kind lying in the Intensive Care Unit of the local hospital, and when the phone goes, mobile or landline you expect the worse, and have palpitations each time you pick up the phone to answer, only to find it's bloody Chinese.

I have become very unhappy recently with Plustnet, having been with them for 8 years or more for broadband only, recommending them, then latterly Mobile.  My broadband drops out at least once or twice a day, then I have to come upstairs to switch the modem off then on again to get broadband back.  My previous router never gave me a problem, I bought an IPAD to save me coming upstairs to my desktop, and have found since, that I'm having to come upstairs all the time - a nuisance, and one that I'll post on a suitable broadband thread.

Incidentally, since at least September, I no longer recommend Plus net.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@nonplusme, we require information to locate accounts and start going through security checks so we can discuss information from the account in more detail. Granted this isn't really required for generic advice on nuisance calls.

In regards to nuisance calls coming in to mobiles, I'm afraid all we can really do is advise block numbers and report them as advised here: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/stop-nuisance-calls/

@Miriam, In regards to your broadband problems, can you run through our troubleshooting guides Here.
If you continue to experience problems after this, please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it: Here.
Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
nonplusme
Grafter

@HarryB wrote:

In regards to nuisance calls coming in to mobiles, I'm afraid all we can really do is advise block numbers and report them as advised here: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/stop-nuisance-calls/

The calls can't be blocked because the numbers are fake and never the same. You are connecting calls with fake spoofed caller ID. Claims that all you can really do is nothing are B.S. It is your network delivering these calls and charging the originators for doing so. I simply do not believe you can not identify the source of these calls, just that you don't care enough to go to the trouble.

I'll say again to anyone else suffering there is obviously no point complaining to Plusnet so complain to Ofcom instead - you will get more sympathy.

Miriam
Grafter

If I am not mistaken Plus net is owned by that great power BT!

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Just tried to report one of these scams to the link given above (ICO) and after filling in all the information the site crashed.

What can I say impenitent government department set up by an impenitent government and their opposition.

Miriam
Grafter

Well I am personally sick of it, none of my friends, all of whom are on other providers and not PN have not had this problem.  I have already had 5 of these 07 calls since Monday morning, and hey it's early yet.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Miriam

I am deeply sorry to hear about the nuisance calls that you continue to receive.

Can you please confirm if you are receiving these nuisance calls on your landline service or your Plusnet mobile service?

If this query refers to your landline service, have you looked into our free service Plusnet Call Protect?

You can view the details about Plusnet Call Protect by Clicking Here

We also have a help guide in how to prevent nuisance calls, you can view this by Clicking Here

Kind regards.

stmary
Hooked

Thread title indicates these are calls to PN mobile numbers!

The big problem with these calls is they appear to come from a DIFFERENT number every time so no filtering is possible.

Not convinced it is solely a PN problem. Whatever, it is annoying and there seems to be no way of reporting it to OFCOM etc. as