cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for receiving calls on roam like at home?

BlueEagle365
Grafter

Charges for receiving calls on roam like at home?

I am going overseas soon and would like to know two things.....

1: Will I pay to RECEIVE calls when in a roam like at home country?

2: Do I need to activate roaming before I go abroad?

Thanks in advance.....

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charges for receiving calls on roam like at home?

Hi @BlueEagle365

If you're wanting to have access to Roam Like at Home you would need to make sure you're on one of our plans that includes this. If you're on a plan which provides you with Roam Like at Home services you would not be charged to received calls whilst in one of the countries included within the service, and you'd also not need to activate it. 

If you'd like to check what plan you've got feel free to send me a Private Message and I can check this for you. 

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I thought, maybe wrongly, that all mobile users no matter what network or plan they were on would get the so called “At home” usage while in Europe but now I’m confused because it appears you just can’t go to France, Germany, Spain or whatever without first having roaming activated and it’s not clear if “Roam like home” is available on existing non roam like home accounts and what’s the charges are for non roam like home accounts.

To be safe if I go aboard in future I think I would just get a 3 network PAYG sim , buy a bundle for £10 and there’s no risk of any charges whatsoever.

...and there’s me thinking that this new EU rule was going to make things so simple.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8