cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for data I haven't used

kenja128

Charged for data I haven't used

Hi,

I never use anything like my monthly data limit...probably about 50% useage max per month and usually a lot less. I have just had my Smart Cap limit exceeded and been informed today on online chat that I've been incurring £1.50 data charges each day for the past 7 days. So much so that my Smart Cap limit of £10 has been reached.

I know this isn't true.

When I check on my usage on my account online I have no chargeable data usage recorded at all, all the way through the last month and up to today's date/time.

I had an online chat today with Plusnet Support and they were totally useless. They said that their was no way for them to see my daily data usage and, if I could see on My Account there weren't any charges on my detailed usage record online, could I provide a pic or similar of that to prove to them that no chargeable data existed for this month! What!? I said, "It's YOUR system, you must be able to see for yourselves that I've used no chargeable data". I find this totally incredulous.

Someone at Plusnet must be able to check properly what data I've used and whether that is chargeable, surely? 

As it stands, I'm faced with £10 over my normal monthly bill for data I haven't used....AND IS NOT RECORDED ANYWHERE ON MY USAGE?

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Charged for data I haven't used

Hi kenja128,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry for any confusion caused when you contacted us. I can assure you that all data usage is recorded however, we would not be able to see what the data has been used on. 

If you could send me a Private Message with your details, I can take a look into your account and advise when the extra charges where incurred. 

- Rebeka 

jonnyboyy

hi Rebeka, can you remove the content lock for me please... cant PM. thanks

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi jonnyboyy,

I can see that you have sent me a Private Message.

I'll pick this up and respond shortly. 

- Rebeka Smiley