cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed to Plusnet, old network cut off, SIM card not arrived. 1 week and counting...

MyWifesHusband
Dabbler

Changed to Plusnet, old network cut off, SIM card not arrived. 1 week and counting...

Hi,

I actually posted a similar topic about a year ago when I changed to Plusnet; this time it's my wife's phone - can't believe they haven't changed the procedure!

She signed up with Plusnet over a week ago.  Last Wednesday her old network was cut off (unfortunately she supplied them with the PAC code which is the workaround for this).  Here we are a week later and no SIM card has arrived so she has no phone coverage.  Plusnet are not replying to FB or Twitter messages and it's not easy for her to call as she has no phone.  How long is she supposed to wait?  I know there are problems with the post at the moment, but what is she supposed to do?

It really is time Plusnet changed their procedures so that they don't activate the SIM until you've given them a call/message to tell them it's arrived.  In the meantime, though...

3 REPLIES 3
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Changed to Plusnet, old network cut off, SIM card not arrived. 1 week and counting...

Hey there @MyWifesHusband I have responded to this query on Facebook for you and like I say I will pass this on to our business improvements team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
MyWifesHusband
Dabbler

Re: Changed to Plusnet, old network cut off, SIM card not arrived. 1 week and counting...

Hi,

Thanks for replying, sorry I didn't check back here sooner.  I have sent a message on FB as requested by one of the other staff but sadly not yet received a response.  Still waiting for the SIM card - it's now over 2 weeks she's been cut off!

Can I ask, how are you supplying SIM cards to new customers at the moment given the postal strikes?  We can't be the only ones in this situation?

I have actually had to stick some money on an old PAYG SIM for my wife to use - all the while she is paying for an unusable Plusnet contract.  And of course in the meantime her ported number appears dead to anybody who calls it...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 220

Hi there, I've just replied back to your message on Facebook about this, please take a look when you can and I'm really sorry that the SIM still hasn't reached your wife. I'll make sure we sort out some credit for you as a good will gesture once that's arrived. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team