Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed to Plusnet, number ported, no SIM card

MyWifesHusband
Dabbler

Changed to Plusnet, number ported, no SIM card

Hi all,

Longtime Plusnet fibre customer, I have just ported my mobile number over to Plusnet.

30 Nov - completed order (with PAC code)

1 Dec - SIM card dispatched

2 Dec - Port request confirmed

3 Dec - Port request completing today

3 Dec - 2.30pm - no signal on mobile, no SIM card.

So, what next?  Website says "allow 5 days for the SIM to arrive" - what do I do for phone coverage in the meantime?  I can't easily call Plusnet support as I have no phone!

Also, and I know this isn't down to Plusnet, why has my old SIM been cut off?  Shouldn't I be able to use that until the end of the billing period?  Seems like I'm currently paying for 2 mobile phone networks and receiving none!

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Changed to Plusnet, number ported, no SIM card

@MyWifesHusband 

You can’t have the same phone number on two phones at the same time. When it’s ported the number has been transferred, regardless of the SIM location. The trick is not to provide Plusnet with the PAC code until you have the SIM. You can then use the Plusnet SIM with the new number they give you and/or your old SIM until you use the PAC code.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MyWifesHusband
Dabbler

Re: Changed to Plusnet, number ported, no SIM card

Shame they didn't tell me that :(. Stupidly I assumed that it wouldn't be activated until my SIM had arrived... Is there any chance at least that I will get a partial refund in my final bill from Three?