cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card payment error We are sorry for the inconvenience....

ChonkeyMunky

Card payment error We are sorry for the inconvenience....

I've tried several times yesterday and twice tonight to buy a sim only deal and every time I get

"Card payment error

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

There seems to be a problem with your card payment services, please check that the card details are correct and that your billing details are for the card details being supplied. If the problem continues please contact the vendor.

There have been no payments taken"

I've tried 2 different cards (1 debit and 1 credit) to no avail. My bank tell me they can see the transactions and have approved the transactions but that something went wrong the vendor end. Any suggestions?

Ta...

7 REPLIES 7
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Card payment error We are sorry for the inconvenience....

Sorry to hear this, ChonkeyMunky. Are you able to attempt the purchase using a different web browser? 

mark43
Dabbler

I tried ordering a SIM last night and having exactly the same issue. I'm sure its not the card as working fine elsewhere, tried several times, also tried a different card and different browser (have used both Chrome and IE)

I've searched for this issue and can see lots of people having the same problem for quite some time, so not sure why it isn't getting fixed?

val99

Hi, the same thing has just happened to me.

I got the same error message but it appears that I have been charged twice. Apparently the multiple charges are only pending and will bounce back in a few days- did this happen for you?

Does anyone know whether this shows up on your credit report- worried I will now have 2 credit checks affecting my score.

Also, should I assume that the sim card has not been ordered? 

thanks

mark43
Dabbler

Yep I had the same, the pending payments came back after a few days.

It won't have been ordered, I ended up doing it over the phone. The guy I spoke to said it was a known issue and that the fraud check they run is over sensitive or something, but that they use a different system when doing it over the phone. Seems a bit poor that they've still not resolved it.

I did read a post elsewhere from somebody saying this had affected their credit rating as it ran a credit check each time they tried to place the order. I queried this when I was on the phone and was told they would not have run a credit check as I was an existing Plusnet customer, not sure if that applies to you or not? I've not got around to checking my credit rating to see if that's true.
val99

Okay great. I'm not an existing customer so will check my credit score- it should update in a few days anyway but I've used my free trial with Experian already so would have to pay to see the full credit report (hoping to apply for a mortgage soon so I'll be annoyed if its lowered my score!)

I've found a different mobile provider that offer a sim only deal with no credit check so will go for that instead.

thanks very much for your help

mark43
Dabbler

I'm no expert on these things as I only recently decided to check my credit rating, but I signed up to the money saving expert credit club and that seems to allow me to access my full experian credit report for free (not just a trial), it also gives helpful tips on improving your score.

nheather
Dabbler

Sorry to say that 2 months on this is still happening.

I experienced the same last Thursday, tried twice, both rejected saying that credit card payment failed and yet when I contacted my bank found that two payment requests had been received - I appreciate that these are just markers and will be dropped if PlusNet do not follow up on them.  But the simple matter is that the payment requests were successfully presented and accepted by my bank and it was the subsequent PlusNet application that failed - so the friendly error message displayed on the screen is totally wrong.

I was then told to make the application over the phone, and when passed over to accounts the PlusNet representative had similar problems which resulted in more payment requests being put on my credit card - another three making five in total.

I was then passed over to another department who was eventually able to complete the payment part of the application successfully.

Furthermore, when I first reported the problem I got the "that's a new one on us, never heard of that problem before, you are the first one that has mentioned it, but thanks for raising it we will pass the details on".  Unfortunately, that is quite representative of the really poor customer service that I have experienced over the last week.

Cheers,

Nigel