cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant call a specific mobile number from my mobile?

FIXED
APS80

Cant call a specific mobile number from my mobile?

I cant call a specific mobile number from plusnet mobile or EE? It works with other mobile networks ????

8 REPLIES 8
japitts
Rising Star

Re: Cant call a specific mobile number from my mobile?

PN Support might well ask for the specific number if they want to investigate, but out of general curiosity what's the first 5 digits of the number? (I'm just thinking whether there's a new number range or similar issue)

APS80

the first 5 digits are 07471. 

Another similar post stated that MVNO team had updated their systems I wonder if this is where the issue lies???? 

Anyway thanks for the reply any help on this is greatly appreciated. 

japitts
Rising Star

I've tried a few random 07471 numbers from my EE phone and all of them connected to answerphone or "this phone is switched off" messages. Some were in the same voice as Mrs-O2, others were in Mrs-Vodafone voice.. the number range is a VF one, so there's certainly not an issue with EE call routing to 07471 in general.

Potentially an issue with the specific number in question then. You'd best wait for PN to pick this one up.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Welcome to our community forums @APS80 I'm sorry for the issues with dialling a specific number.

Can you send me a private message with the following information? I'll message you back with some additional questions to complete our data protection process.

• Your mobile number
  • Your full name
  • Your full address

I'd also need the below information so we can effectively raise this to our suppliers for investigation.

• Make and model of your phone handset
  • Have you tried a different handset? Preferably yes if possible and make/model of this too
  • 3 examples of the instances you've been unable to call this number in the following format:

• Date
  • Time
  • Service Attempted:
  • Phone number: 
  • Error that occurred: 
  • Postcode:

The examples would need to be within the last 48 hours so we'd be able to see the call logs associated with them.

Apologies for the long-winded process to investigate this problem for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
APS80

Vodafone had not enabled EE call routing
Higginm

Hi Gandalf 

just seen your reply to another customer about not able to make calls to a specific mobile number. I have the same issue with my wife’s Plusnet number. We are both on plusnet. The call just drops and never connects. I can ring her from my work phone which is EE and connects first time every time. I’ve also checked and she hasn’t blocked me (I did have my suspicions!) yet. 

Appreciate your help

higginm 

japitts
Rising Star

@Higginm wrote:

Hi Gandalf 

just seen your reply to another customer about not able to make calls to a specific mobile number. I have the same issue with my wife’s Plusnet number. We are both on plusnet. The call just drops and never connects. I can ring her from my work phone which is EE and connects first time every time. I’ve also checked and she hasn’t blocked me (I did have my suspicions!) yet. 

Appreciate your help

higginm 

If the same number works from an EE phone but not from a PN phone, there's a couple of possibilities.

1: Firstly please eliminate blocking - call with your number withheld, put the "faulty" callers number into the recipients blocklist and then remove it. In other words, let's prove it's not that as best you can.

2: Assuming the EE phone is a PAYM device, the chances are it has 4G-calling and this may route calls differently to your PN phone. Can you (temporarily) disable 4G on the EE phone in the settings so as to force the call over 2G/3G just like PN? See if the call still connects then. Re-enable 4G afterwards, so as to resume normal service there!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Higgim, 

I'm sorry you're having trouble contacting your wife's phone from your own, does this occur with any other number? Have you tried your sim in another handset? 

Thanks.