Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send SMS to PayPal 62226?!

FIXED
greentrancer
Dabbler

Cannot send SMS to PayPal 62226?!

Hello. So I just made a payment through PayPal and I received a SMS from 62226 which is a legit number to confirm the transaction by replying to the message... To my surprise, I am not able to. My Smart Cap was set to 0, then changed it over 10 and still does not work. What is going on?! Thanks.

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Cannot send SMS to PayPal 62226?!

Plusnet mobile doesn’t support short codes sending, only receiving
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
greentrancer
Dabbler

Excuse me?! And how am I supposed to confirm the payment now? I have Smart Cap for a reason. This does not make any sense. Where are you specifying this in your terms and conditions?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Fix

Whilst most people on the forum don't like it , it is in the t & c

It's here

Premium texts
  • Plusnet Mobile does not support premium or short code text services.

In the ' here's the legal bit' link on here https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

greentrancer
Dabbler

@MisterW

Thank you for pointing that out, I was able to find it.

Good. Time to switch again then, unfortunately. I cannot waste my time and patience with such things in 2018. What am I supposed to do know? Call PayPal and explain them that Plusnet Mobile has a ... service? Brilliant.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

U can moved back to EE as I heard EE does have smart cap set at £0 now but will not block any short code SMS outgoing. Only PN Mobile will block it. I agree it pretty daft to block any Paypal short code SMS but that's just stated on PN T&C's policy.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi there @goldenfibre,

That's correct, we currently don't support short code messaging via our mobile service.

We're aware of the inconvenience caused and are looking into making this service available for our customers but as yet I'm unable to give any sort of meaningful update.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else at all.

greentrancer
Dabbler

@OskarPapa

Is there any genuine and well defined reason why that is not already available like any other network?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @greentrancer,

As we are a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) and do not own the infrastructure over which we provide the service and there are certain services that we are unable to provide at this moment in time. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team