Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls after porting 2 weeks ago

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Cannot receive calls after porting 2 weeks ago

I absolutely agree, the 5 day wait for a response from Ops is not acceptable.

I've seen other situations on here relating to roaming not working and it being insisted that Ops will take 5 days, by that time a lot of the people experiencing roaming problems are back in the UK , which makes any investigation pointless!

I've been around here for quite a while and the PN help team that monitor these forums are very good and will usually pull out all the stops to get a problem resolved quickly. In the case of broadband and phone they can resolve problems themselves or have direct access to other departments. With mobile, it seems, since it's not in-house as such, they are limited by 'Ops'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @costas4bulbidi,

Thanks for sending that info, I've sent it across for you and it should be picked up shortly. @RobC sounds like their onto something there, I've popped this post link with my email to ops to help them further.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@MisterW wrote: I don't know exactly, but I would guess that with detailed tests and times, the Ops people can trace the call attempts in log files and therefore find the problem, then they just need to 'beat over the head' all the other organisations involved to correct the error.

I think the main problem is that Ops are not customer facing, and there's no direct contact possible between them and you. There's always CS in between and therefore the process is cumbersome.

Just took a fresh look at your post and disagree

These are incorrectly ported 'numbers' with relatively or actually very few calls - all or at least many errors

Ops should be able to see at a glance the issue just by looking for what occurred on the number.

That 3 examples to pass on really does seem just a fob off to me.

They aren't searching through dozens of calls, with some ok, some not in these cases, They are faulty from the port.

So telling them that somebody tried to call from an external system and got nowhere at 3 o clock really isnt going to help much is it. Particularly as it would probably get an answer : we forwarded the call to you as we should ...

If PN has that sort of issue with external suppliers, then involving the customer for individual examples is pointless.

PN ops sending a no reply text from internal and external numbers would tell them far more.

Of course customers should still go through basic checks, number is theres, Plusnet network etc

Other than that PN would be better setting up simple

no reply texts to customer,

customer to text/call PN test numbers (... you are successfully through to plusnets on net (off net) test service. All OK here. Have a nice day [click])

(or be really cool and the call also fires off a return text 'Hi this is the PN on net (off net) test txt. You successfully connected')

which support here or on phone/chat could just fire off (and all the tech info is available on PN systems)

Quite simple to set up

Low cost, low tech, low knowledge needed

All the info waaaaaayyyyy beyond any customers knowledge at hand in the process

... Particularly as PN appears to have major issues with these.

( PN could even send one of those service texts we used to get to set up services)

Just imagine how professional and effective that would seem

and how many potential bad reviews it could avoid.

Good press instead of bad press.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
costas4bulbidi
Dabbler

Hi @Mads,

Is there any news on this? My phone is still uncontactable and, with a family member in hospital, this is particularly bad.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @costas4bulbidi,

Thanks for getting back to us and we are sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Our team are still investigating the issue and we should have a response with 5 working days of sending the issue to be investigated initially.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
costas4bulbidi
Dabbler

Hi,

It has now been a full week (5 business days). Can I have an update please? Failing that, I would like to cancel my contract please, and receive a refund.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @costa4bulbidi,

I am very sorry about the length of time this is taking to resolve, I'm afraid we would need to re-raise this to our billing operations team as there seems to be some missing information - so for clarity it will take a further 5 working days. I would completely understand if you wish to cancel after this and as such you can do so by calling 500 from your mobile sim or 0800 079 1133.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I am very sorry about the length of time this is taking to resolve, I'm afraid we would need to re-raise this to our billing operations team as there seems to be some missing information - so for clarity it will take a further 5 working days.

@Mads I understand you're only the messenger here, but that is an appalling response from Ops, over 5 days to decide they didn't have all the information.!!

Regarding cancelling, isn't there a likelihood that cancelling whilst the port is in progress will lose the number, even if it is possible to issue a PAC , which I doubt?  

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cancelling at this point may well lose the number all together. I have sent you a PM with the information our ops require to get this investigated for you.

costas4bulbidi
Dabbler

That is absolutely atrocious. I have already waited through 2 rounds of the 5 business days, without a fully functional service, and now I'm being asked to to wait another 5 business days just to have another look, which may very well result in not resolving the issue anyway!! Based on the information requested in the private message (i.e. to do the same tests AGAIN, and to provide details about the handset), I doubt we will get any further.

If I call to cancel, this means a 30 day notice period, as if it's me who changed his mind, when it's obviously Plusnet who is at fault. It also means covering the cost myself. It's actually a very small amount, as the monthly cost is low, but it's a matter of principle.

I really want, and need, a functioning contract ASAP.  As such, I am willing to propose the following, if it will result in a quick solution:

- Kill the porting request. Just give me a new number, as long as it works!! Right now neither the number which was being ported works, nor the original number I was given when I signed up for the contract.I need to be contactable these days, and this is not possible due to Plusnet messing this up so badly!!

- I want to be reimbursed for the time I have spent so far trying without receiving the service I have been paying for. This can be done as credit towards the next month for instance. Assuming I do get given a working number first of course.

This has been such a frustrating experience that if the matter doesn't get resolved quickly and I have to cancel, I will seriously consider following the process with the ombudsman.

RobC
Pro

@costas4bulbidi

If it were me I would raise a formal complaint (they almost certainly won't consider it one without it being headed FORMAL COMPLAINT), notifying them that

1. you consider the terms of the agreement unfullfilled and expect a full refund of all moneys paid

2. You expect the issues with the port of the number to be resolved so you can port YOUR number out of their service at the earliest opportunity, with compensation as well as costs refunded (depending on how inconvenient the loss of YOUR number is)

3. You will look to appropriate compensation when the issue is finally resolves or when it becomes clear to you that it wont be.

In the meantime, an interim PAYG number with some other service seems to be your best if not ONLY option

I'm sure the regulator and ombudsman paper tigers though theye are) would agree that exepecting you to continually give them failed examples while they fail to address the issue is completely unreasonable.

FORMAL COMPLAINT - in writing/email

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @costas4bulbidi,

We are sorry for the experience you have had, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and is certainly not in keeping with our values.

You would need to contact our Mobile Sales team who will set up a new account and number for you and close your current one down. 

Alternatively I have escalated the issue with the correct team and will try to get an answer as soon as possible. 

I am deeply sorry.         

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro

@SammyM wrote:

Hello @costas4bulbidi,

You would need to contact our Mobile Sales team who will set up a new account and number for you and close your current one down. 

Which presumably will just lose his number anyway, and he pays you for his grief ... particularly as you are still dumping it back at the customer to work around Plusnet failures  ..

@costas4bulbidi

If they wont at the very least give you a free temp sim to carry you over THEIR issues ... they are effectively saying up yours ...

Get a temp payg sim from someone else and raise formal complaint, why the heck would you risk further disruption leaving yourself and your communication in PN hands ... at your expense ...

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @RobC and @costas4bulbidi,

By taking a new deal and number it will give you service a lot quicker, however it will lose the number.

As per my previous response I have escalated this to the correct team @costas4bulbidi to get your issue sorted. I am willing to take personal ownership of your overall issue and complaint so that once we have you number back or set up the new account, we can discuss an amicable resolution.

Please PM me if you are happy for me to do this for you.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro

@SammyM wrote:

Hello @RobC and @costas4bulbidi,

By taking a new deal and number it will give you service a lot quicker, however it will lose the number.

As per my previous response I have escalated this to the correct team @costas4bulbidi to get your issue sorted. I am willing to take personal ownership of your overall issue and complaint

It would perhaps help if you could assure the customer how YOUR personal involvement will be different from the experience of two weeks before posting here, then the further two weeks on here, with mads, just being repeatedly asked to give more examples of it not working every 5 days ... when the customer chases it - after NOT being resolved OR updated?