Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls, text and data OK

FIXED
Mountfordd
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Cannot make or receive calls, text and data OK

Tried making a phone call on Thursday 18/05/2023 and the line just clicked off instantly. Did all the usual stuff like rebooting phone, checked signal strength, moving to various positions, nothing worked. Any incoming calls go immediately to voicemail but cannot access that because cannot make any outgoing calls! Fortunately text works as I need that for 2FA. My wife is on the same product and no problems.

Rang Plusnet today and the chap I spoke to said that he would get a new EE SIM out to me. Can anyone confirm that this is the fix or is it a fob-off?

I would rather just have it working nowTBH. I am going on holiday in a couple of days so won't be able to install the new SIM until I get back. PN's suggestion was to use WiFi calling or get a temporary SIM. Frankly if I went down that route it'll be permanent.

4 REPLIES 4
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Cannot make or receive calls, text and data OK

@Mountfordd 

" PN's suggestion was to use WiFi calling"

Odd, because Plusnet don't support WiFi Calling?

At least they didn't last week, just before I moved to EE!

Mountfordd
Hooked

My poor transcription of his reply - what he meant was to use something like WhatsApp, Teams, Skype as a work around.
Mountfordd
Hooked

Fix

Faith in Plusnet, Royal Mail and the UK totally restored. Received my new SIM card today! That's less than 24 hours from making the call to PN. Amazing!!

Called PN on 500 and spoke to a really knowledgeable chap who took me through the provisioning process, did a thorough check on my ability to make calls, send texts and connect up to the internet. All good.

Thank you Plusnet Support.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @Mountfordd 

It's great to hear it's all sorted now

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team