Cannot make or receive calls from my mobile

egret
Dabbler

Re: Cannot make or receive calls from my mobile

Mobiles working again now

av709
Hooked

This is completely unacceptable. You leave your customers without a phone service for 3 hours and don't even issue a statement apologising? Given that this is a recurring issue, where is the debrief as to what went wrong and what you are doing to prevent it happening again? 

Lwio
Rising Star

Someone tripped over the wire for the mobile phones and didn’t plug it in again.
Samopn
Hooked

Really?

Not a cleaner pulling the plug out so they could plug their vacuum in?

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"This is completely unacceptable. You leave your customers without a phone service for 3 hours and don't even issue a statement apologising? Given that this is a recurring issue, where is the debrief as to what went wrong and what you are doing to prevent it happening again? "

In comparison, I use a MVNO which uses a different mobile network. There was a loss of service, for not a long time (more than 3 hrs though). When the service was restored their response was an apologetic text message (we are working with -------- to find out what went wrong etc.) and a later addition of 1Gb data to my account for the month.

av709
Hooked

@newagetraveller wrote:

In comparison, I use a MVNO which uses a different mobile network. There was a loss of service, for not a long time (more than 3 hrs though). When the service was restored their response was an apologetic text message (we are working with -------- to find out what went wrong etc.) and a later addition of 1Gb data to my account for the month.

Anything would be better than nothing. I just find it completely arrogant for them to not even issue a statement. It happened at least 4 times in 2019, and as I said it's only ever calls that stop working, texts and data continue to work fine, suggesting that it's the same issue that they are not doing anything about. So I'm switching to a different provider because I need a reliable service for work and I refuse to be treated like this by Plusnet any longer.

kpward70

i have never been able to receive calls or make calls from my mobile since i joined about a year ago i am thinking of leaving and trying another provider i live in ip4 area and the coverage checker tells me its good to moderate and this is not the case i have tried different phones all the same problem occasionally i get 1 bar on the phone but mainly just blank or emergency calls only,i have just reported it to EE as apparently plusnet cannot help with this issue, its a shame as broadbanmd wifi is fine but my patience is almost up Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @kpward70 and apologies for the delayed response.

Can you drop me a PM with your mobile number so I can look into this for you? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team