cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call or receive calls on two mobiles. Text not working either.

Mike01

Cannot call or receive calls on two mobiles. Text not working either.

We are on the border of Shropshire and Staffordshire. Our phones were fine this morning but now neither work. Getting the message "not registered on network". Tried customer service, but option 1 did not work. Our accounts are paid up to date.

Need help urgently. Cannot find a way to speak to a human at Plusnet. We are on PAYG.

Looked at changing provider but cannot text for PAC codes.

2 REPLIES 2
KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: Cannot call or receive calls on two mobiles. Text not working either.

Have you tried:

Go into the phone's settings, network and internet, SIM settings there is an option to Automatically select network which is usually set to On. If I click on that I can manually force the phone to select plusnet - several networks are shown and they all state that they are forbidden even the plusnet connection. I then put the connection back to Automatic.

It worked on my Pixel 6a when I lost connection - frustrating when it happened and that I needed to keep doing it. So frustrating that I've now moved from plusnet to Smarty where I now have WiFi calling and can connect to 5G.

Mike01

Re: Cannot call or receive calls on two mobiles. Text not working either.

Thank you so much for your advise. Tried this workaround. Still does not work. Seems there are outages in our area. Unacceptable service. The Plusnet Sim is LTE/3G/2G. Somewhat out of date. Like you I may move to Smarty. Looks cheaper too.