cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call a specific landline number from my mobile

BB63

Cannot call a specific landline number from my mobile

Hi.  I'm unable to call a specific landline number which happens to be my doctors surgery so quite important.  Each time I call, there is a ringing tone, an answer and an immediate hangup.  By way of context, the surgery has an outward recorded message followed by queuing system.  Happy to provide the number via a private message.  The surgery is able to call me.

The problem is very similar to the previous post linked below, which indicates it as fixed but the solution "Our suppliers MVNO team had updated the routing on their systems." doesn't help me.  As with the user in this problem, I'm calling on the EE network. 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Cannot-call-a-specific-landline-number-from-mobile/td-p/1587104...

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cannot call a specific landline number from my mobile

Welcome to our community forums @BB63 

I’m sorry to see you can’t call a particular landline number from your mobile. Could you drop me a PM with the below details? We’ll be happy to take a closer look for you. Smiley

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

+The number you can’t call

When messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff PM's go through a centralised system internally so I might not personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought 

When you ring a number which is busy do you get the engaged tone

On my PN mobile if I call a busy number the phone just cuts off but on my Three mobile I get the engaged tone

This happens when I call the doctors and Chinese takeaway which is always very busy 

Do other PN mobile users get an engaged tone or does the phone just cut off  

HD 

BB63

Thanks for responding.  Generally I do get an engaged tone if the number is busy.  The rest of the family have other providers, and when I use their mobile to call the same number at the same time, they do get through.

BB63

Thanks Gandalf.  As requested, I've sent a PM with more detail.