cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call a specific landline number from mobile...??

FIXED
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Cannot call a specific landline number from mobile...??

So, when you were conducting your own testing, was there ever a problem calling the number in question from a landline? I suspect not.

I've only tried calling the number from a hard lined phone in the office, which did connect, but I've not tried any other landlines.

When your suppliers say they have replicated the issue using a landline, what exactly does that mean? 

It means that they've tried calling the number from landlines and the calls have failed to connect too.

Do they experience the problem every time they make the call or just occasionally?

We've not been given this information.

They are still investigating further as they've opened a case on this, and I'll be sure to update you when we know more.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
terrapin
Dabbler

@Anoush wrote:

So, when you were conducting your own testing, was there ever a problem calling the number in question from a landline? I suspect not.

I've only tried calling the number from a hard lined phone in the office, which didn't connect, but I've not tried any other landlines.

@Anoush

Hold on...... this is the first time a Plusnet Staff member has revealed that there was a problem calling the number in question when making the call from a landline! So when you attempt to call the number from the landline does it fail every time? What exactly happens? If this is the case then clearly the problem is not with the EE network and we are wasting each others time.

Your colleague @Gandalf seemed to experience different results to yourself when attempting to replicate the problem :

Hi @terrapin

While we don't have the cause of the problem yet, I've been looking into this and I've too been able to replicate this from my Plusnet Mobile SIM. Oddly, the number works when calling from a landline phone handset.

So, can you please clarify what you are experiencing when calling the number from a landline? I can call the number without issue from a landline and mobile that is not connected to EE network.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hold on...... this is the first time a Plusnet Staff member has revealed that there was a problem calling the number in question when making the call from a landline! So when you attempt to call the number from the landline does it fail every time? What exactly happens? If this is the case then clearly the problem is not with the EE network and we are wasting each others time.

I made a typo. I meant to say that I tried to call the number from a landline in the office and it did connect/ring. Sorry.

Your colleague @Gandalf seemed to experience different results to yourself when attempting to replicate the problem :

As per my signature, both accounts are mine. I use this one when not on shift.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
terrapin
Dabbler

@Anoush @Gandalf

@Anoush wrote:

I made a typo. I meant to say that I tried to call the number from a landline in the office and it did connect/ring. Sorry.

Okay..... I have successfully called the problematic number from three different landlines. You (and your alter ego) successfully connected to the number yourself from a landline. I know I'm a cynical git at the best of times, but I do not believe your supplier cannot call the number from a landline. The problem is with the EE network.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

As I've advised we are still investigating and we'll update you when we know more.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience.

On the 31/12/2018 I received an e-mail advising that the problem should now be resolved.  Our suppliers MVNO team had updated the routing on their systems. 

I've tested this using my plusnet mobile SIM and calls are now working to this number. Can you try and let me know the outcome too?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
terrapin
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Yes, it is working fine now.

Can you elaborate at all what the issue was and how it came about? @MisterW seemed to have identified the problem several weeks back.

Although, you have been helpful yourself, I cannot say the same about the general level of Plusnet support.... it has not been easy to report the problem. I initially made the request for support by phone and they just point blank refused to investigate the issue.

@MathewWheeler:

I'm afraid it's not possible for us to test calling the number in question.

The reason we've asked is that the issue may well lie on their side rather than ours.

I'm afraid there's nothing further we can do at this stage

@Anoush

I’ve received an update advising that our suppliers have been able to replicate the issue from landline phones, so it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the EE and/or Plusnet network.

Never believed that the suppliers replicated issue from a landline.

Anyway, it is working now so thanks for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
Glad to hear it’s working now. Thumbs_Up
I’m afraid we don’t have anymore information regarding what the issue was than what I’ve advised in my previous post.
Apologies for the difficulties you’ve had in reporting the problem. While it seemed to be a unique issue, unfortunately we had to follow the same process in gathering examples and providing the information to MVNO Support in a particular format in order to allow them to investigate further.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet