cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call a number( only one number) which the owner has recently ported away from Plusnet

steve59

Cannot call a number( only one number) which the owner has recently ported away from Plusnet

I've tried and tried and tried as they say - phone off etc but still cannot now contact a number.  No problems until they ported away from Plusnet because of signal.  All other networks no problem.  Suspicious mind says Plusnet have blocked number on their Network but that just cannot be .......................:

Any non-conspiracy answers!!!   Port took place approx 5 days ago.

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Cannot call a number( only one number) which the owner has recently ported away from Plusnet

Sounds like their port hasn't completed properly and they've got what's called a ''split port' . 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

steve59

Re: Cannot call a number( only one number) which the owner has recently ported away from Plusnet

Trying online chat as I've got a few days spare. I like the sound of "split port"  good name for a group. I'll let you know if it works.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @steve59, might be worth advising them to contact their new provider so that they can follow their process for port issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
steve59

Thanks Lauren,

Does this mean you have checked its not on Plusnet side. I spent 15 mins on chat line last night only to find after 15 mins to be asked security questions( why after 15 mins) and I failed them. But looked back and saw I'd been asked for extra question. I immediately gave the missing answer but got told sorry cant chat any more!!!  Tried to point out that wasnt good enough etc etc and I would leave but was told no sorry wont continue. Written quite a "Arghhhhhhhhhhh" comment and score etc on feedback but do not expect anything back.  Ive been with plusnet and so has the family on and off for a few years but something is broken currently. 

Cheers

Steve

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it's not something we could trace to see where the issue is as it would need to be looked into from the point of view of the number being called. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team