Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling, the process, comments and feedback

gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Cancelling, the process, comments and feedback

After trying the mobile offer and finding it unsuitable due to poor coverage and only 3G slow data rates I decided to cancel.

I used the live chat facility, as recommended by another customer.

After getting through the security questions, which I won't go into for security, I was then asked to make another password and tell the CS rep what it was! Most irregular I thought. No explanation what this was about at all. This wasn't to replace the account password I already had.

I asked if I could have confirmation of our discussion via email. Nothing materialised and I had no evidence that my account had been cancelled or even that the discussion took place.

So today I tried again, with another CS rep, didn't have to create a password or use it. I was told they don't send out email confirmation. Nor any transcript of the chat. This seems rather poor. I would expect better.

When pressed I was told for an admin fee I could have a copy of the transcript. Wow that's nice.

I left similar comments in the questionnaire when the live chat concluded. ( Before I could copy and paste the evidence).

I would still love to know what this other password that I had to create and give was all about.

4 REPLIES 4
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Re: Cancelling, the process, comments and feedback

As I was not confident that PlusNet had closed my mobile account, nor received any notification by email or text that it was, I cancelled my direct debit. Today I receive an email noting that my DD was cancelled and a payment could not be taken, so my account was suspended. 

You couldnt make it up.

Please try and sort this out, you need to be able to send confirmation if a customer asks to close an account at any time, particularly if cancelling during the 15 day initial period.  At the very least I would expect an email, letter or text confirming that the initial £10 payment was being refunded, and I don't think it is appropriate to suspend an account when the customer has asked for it to be closed.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

I still have had no email confirming the cancellation, and I can still log in to my mobile account. Have not checked if the sim is still active as I don't want to accidentally clock up any charges on it now that I have cancelled my direct debit. 

Is it it too much to expect some confirmation of an account closure request?

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I too had similar after trying Life Mobile, I cancelled after finding the signal to be non existent for my requirements.

The self same e-mails were received and I never had any conformation that the account was closed (only verbally after phoning to find out what was going on). It looks like the same processes have been transferred to PN Mobile. Roll_eyes

I did receive an e-mail recently from Plusnet Mobile advising my bill was due to be paid but the account was in credit and no payment will be taken! No it won't because the Life Mobile Direct Debit has been cancelled.Grin

It's now been hopefully sorted out by private message communication with a very helpful lady from their customer services.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

This saga still continues, I just received another email saying my account was In credit! 

How many times do I have to ask you to fully close my mobile account and stop sending me emails about  an account you claim to have already closed?

I am afraid I have lost all confidence in PlusNet, and am glad I cancelled my DD with my bank. I need to check that my £10 has been refunded to my card now, as after all this other nonsense it would not surprise me to find out it hasn't been.

Edit

I checked and my £10 has been refunded to my card OK, thanks.

Hopefully the system will eventually be sorted so that I don't continue to receive monthly reminders for an account that is now closed.