Hooked

Re: Cancelling sim only accounts.

no has anyone else had this problem

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems trying to log in online.

I believe when you request the password reset, you should have also received password resets via sms to the mobile number the services are provided on.

I'm afraid cancelling payment details on an account wouldn't be a valid method of cancellation and this would unfortunately need to be done by giving us a call.

I appreciate that you've been having problems logging in online, so you may need to go through secondary checks if you're unaware of the password on the account. I understand that you may not currently have access to the account, however you should still be able to confirm the standard monthly billing date on your account by checking this against when your monthly payments were being taken from your bank account previously.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jp02
Hooked

I Cancelled my direct debit because i had no service on my account and had no access to my account when i asked for a reset password details not known. so could not reset password and phone did not have service so could not ring 500 on phone, so in the end cancelled direct debit they cancelled  use of phone  or froze the account but still charged me for account, but had emails saying to contact customer service and a number to ring on a different netwok but could not pass security checks but gave bank details date of birth paid arrears but still could not get account cancelled because did not know the last direct debit detail because did not have access to account passed from person to person no one could tell me what i could do to sort this  mess out.   

jp02
Hooked

plunet did not care because i had to give 30 days notice to cancel a sim only account that did not work and had not been used for 3 and a half months and i had to still pay no matter what so yes not happy with the service at all.could give me better deal on my contract if i don't leave but hang on a minute i can't prove who i am to cancel contract but i  can pay arrears i can have all my data credited to me my lost minutes a joke  

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @jp02

I am sorry to hear you feel this way and for the service you have not received. We do hold your account security in the highest regard and will always need to confirm security before we confirm account sensitive information.

Please can you PM me your full name and the following information so we can discuss this further;

- Mobile number in question

- Full address including postcode.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jp02
Hooked

mobile number 

address 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jp02 

Despite the above notice, we would still need to get the PM from your so that we can fully pass DPA prior to assist in this matter. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR