Fixes: 5

Re: Cancelling sim only accounts.

Any news yet please ?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @djh22, not yet - it can take up to 5 working days for a response however this can be shorter. We'll keep a close eye on it for you and update you as soon as possible.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Mads, Sorry for my impatience but I'm afraid it's starting to wear a bit thin seeing as I started the cancellation process over 2 months ago.

Del.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the delayed update Del.

I received a response to my own mailbox on the 03/12/2018 advising that the refund requests will be processed on 04/12/2018, which is today yesterday.

As BACS payments generally take 3 working days to be fulfilled, I'd expect you to see the money on Friday.

Let us know if this doesn't happen for any reason.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the info Gandalf, I'll keep you updated accordingly. I don't suppose they gave an explanation of what caused the delay ?

Del.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem Del.

Looks like the email we sent previously was missed.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

I'm pleased to say that the refunds have at last been paid back to me. but it is more than the amount of credit showing on my Sim accounts, could someone please check that the amount that's been refunded is actually correct and I will not be billed for the difference at a later date.

Thanks.

Del.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that you've received the refunds Del.

We won't chase you regarding the over-payment.

Let us know if you need any further assistance in the future.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the info Gandalf and thanks for your help in resolving the problem.

Del.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all Del 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jp02
Hooked

I am trying to cancel a sim only contract rang customer service 3 times i had cancelled direct debt because had no login details sim was not working and they never recognised my details it was for my son the sim kept failing security checks they said. I just wanted to pay arreas and months cancellation   can't cancel till i pay arreas then will be passed onto person dealing with canceling contract. passed credit card securitycontract check but not to person responsible  for cancelling  contract did not have detail of last direct date on me at time so could not cancel contract have to ring back againl 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @jp02, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry for the issues you have had with cancelling the service. Were you able to get this resolved in the end?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
jp02
Hooked

no  got to ring again 4th time past from post to post gave bank details paid arrears because i cancelled direct debit , i thought this would at least cancel my account past that sercurity checks . not able to reset my pass word on my log in they just asked me to give them a pass word over the phone and changed it to that and told me to ring back again rang back still.i said i wpuld like to pay 30 day cancel cost at same time as arreas and end contract but all they did was say i could not cancel till arreas paid then have to go to cancelation department wait on phone then more security checks try to give me credit for all the months lost use of faulty sim said wanted to cancel  contract had enough of  plusnet more checks did not know when last direct debit was paid so failed security checks can;t cancel  contract ringing monday to try again not easy while at work 

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @jp02 I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

In order to cancel your account, you will need to speak with our Mobile Support team, who will assist you on this matter. They will need to verify they are speaking with the account holder by asking security questions, this is in accordance with the Data Protection Act and being compliant with the industries practice.

I am sorry that the process has resulted in a dis-satisfactory experience. I would advise when you are free, to ring back with the information on hand and our advisors will guide you through the process.

Best wishes.

jp02
Hooked

I am getting very frustrated with plusnet can't log in to my account reason don't know have avast password save in vault auto fill so should be pass word but does not work. filled in manually still does not work  so reset pass word  my detail are not recognised so can't reset detail so what do you do. just can't end contract right rip off and can't get it sorted phone has not been used for 3 months so cancelled direct debit but i still have to pay till contract is ended so they don't care.rang plusnet want to cancel contract proved who i was through bank details and said i will count my losses and pay the arrears since i cancelled direct debit but i want my contract cancelled and i will pay 30 days up front can't cancel till paid arrears and they will not put me through till pay arrears paid arrears and 

put through failed the security check because didn't have access to my account to tell them when the direct debit last went out which is hard when it does not work can any one fix this problem