Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling sim only accounts.

FIXED
djh22
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Cancelling sim only accounts.

Thanks Anoush, just seems strange that I can still log in to my online mobile accounts for both sims and that I haven't had an email confirming the closure etc.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries. I don't think email notifications go out when an account is closed, and you'd be able to login to the account for a certain amount of time.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the reassurance Gandalf

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem.

Let us know if you have any further queries or concerns at all.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Hello again Gandalf, are you sure my sim only accounts have been closed ? as I've just received this email for both sims, my XXs by the way.

Mobile number xxxxxxxx

Hello xxxxxx,

We've received the news that your Plusnet Mobile Direct Debit has been cancelled. Because of this we've restricted your service to only allow usage of your plan allowance of minutes/texts/data.

If we don't hear from you and your payment details aren't updated by your plan refresh date, which is 2018-12-21 unfortunately your account will be restricted. This means you will not be able to use your plan, and will only receive incoming calls and texts.

Please get in touch by giving us a call on 500 free from your Plusnet mobile, or on 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @djh22

This would just be a standard confirmation that your direct debit has been cancelled.

I appreciate the wording could be better to reflect that your account is closed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Gandalf but I'm afraid I'm not convinced,where would they get the info if the accounts are closed and as I said before I'm yet to get official confirmation that the sims have been disconnected,exept for the obvious fact that the sims are no longer effective.

Del.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

And now this email -

Hello Derek,

Mobile number xxxxxxxxxxxx

We're just dropping you a line to let you know that your bill is now available to view. Simply head over to My Account and use your account number and password to log in to check on all your calls, texts and data used this month.

As your account is in credit by £4.06, we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill.

Plusnet Mobile app is here!
Our new mobile app for Android and Apple lets you check your bills and allowances, set your Smart Cap and more - whenever and wherever you want. Download the app today. Check out our FAQs for more info.

Don't forget you can use My Account to check your current and previous bills, monitor your usage and update your details too.

At first it looks like they've sent me a new bill except that it's in credit, any idea how they will refund me please as I've cancelled the direct debits in case they billed me for another month

Del.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @djh22

If the payment details have been removed from your side we'll still be able to issue a BACS payment for the credit/refund.

Best wishes

Dave

djh22
Aspiring Pro

That's good, thanks Dave.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We make BACS payments in bulk every Tuesday, so the refund should be issued on this Tuesday coming, and it should arrive by Friday. Obviously please let us know if you don't receive it and we'll be happy to chase it up.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the info Dave, needless to say but I'll be watching my bank account closely next week and I'll report back hopefully to say that all is well again.

Cheers,

Del.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

28 days since my sims were disconnected and I'm still waiting for my refund.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've chased this up with our billing guys and we'll update you when we know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Many thanks Gandalf.