Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling sim only accounts.

FIXED
djh22
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Cancelling sim only accounts.

I phoned PN mobile CS on 30th September 2018 to give the 30 days notice to cancel my 2 sims but I still got new bills for both sims on 20th October the period up to 20th November at the full charge.

I checked both my sims today and it seems that both lines are still open 31 days after cancelling them.

Has anyone else cancelled a PN sim or maybe a mod could please advise.

I should add that I didn't cancel because of a problem with the service,it's just that it's more economical for me and the wife to go payg because our use is very minimal.

Cheers,

Del.

51 REPLIES 51
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Re: Cancelling sim only accounts.

I've just phoned PN and was told that both of my sims are lined up to be cancelled but he couldn't give a specific date,but he did inform me that there is a bill that is pending,I said that I'd just had a new bill for the period up to 20th Nov but he made no comment on that.

I'm beginning to think that no one at PN mobile understands their own system,I'm afraid I couldn't recommend them purely because of the poor customer service.

I hope I'm not going to be charged for the extra days that they fail to discontinue the lines.I'm making sure that no calls are made from these sims.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @djh22, sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced while trying to cancel your SIMs.

Could you drop me a PM with both of the mobile/account numbers so I can locate the accounts and look in to this further.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks HarryB, I've just sent you a PM with the details.

Cheers,

Del.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Update 02/11/18 - Both sim lines are still connected this morning, able to receive calls but outgoing calls are suspended.

Del.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the PM @djh22.

I've discussed this with a colleague and I've been advised that the closures have now been completed and you should receive a pro-rata refund for any overpayments.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Harry,but not quite correct, it seems only one of my sims has been disconnected but the other sim is still open, I'll pm you again.

Cheers.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Success,both of my sims have now been disconected,I just hope the refund comes back without problems.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hopefully there are no further hiccups on that but if you've not heard anything back after a couple of weeks please do let us know and we'll get that chased up for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Harry.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Still haven't had a refund for the period from the date my sims were disconnected 2/11/18, to 20/11/18  the date I've paid PN mobile up to.

In fact I haven't had any confirmation what so ever about the cancellation.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @djh22

I am sorry to hear you have not received your refund yet.

Usually, the pro-rata refund is issued out in 10-12 working days.

I emailed our Mobile Operations team to look into this matter for you. They should respond within the next 5 working days.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and appreciate your continued patience.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks. 

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks  Wakas, your help is very much appreciated.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Still no sign of my refund or any confirmation of the cancelation yet.

Normal billing cycle in two days, I bet I get billed for another month.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @djh22

From what I can see your accounts are closed, so you shouldn't receive any further requests for a payment.

@HarryB wrote:

I've discussed this with a colleague and I've been advised that the closures have now been completed and you should receive a pro-rata refund for any overpayments.

Regarding the refund I've chased this up with our Ops team and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet