cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my Plusnet mobile contract - how to get confirmation?

br1anst0rm
Grafter

Cancelling my Plusnet mobile contract - how to get confirmation?

I have a Sim-only 30-day rolling contract for my mobile account.  The monthly payment is made by Direct Debit.  There is no penalty for cancellation, just a 30-day notice period

As it happens, this is my "secondary" mobile account:  I have a dual-SIM mobile phone.

After receiving the notification about the forthcoming merger or transfer to EE, I decided that I did not wish to take up the offer of a new deal.  I wished simply to cease or terminate my Plusnet mobile contract and close the account.  The details of the change to EE made clear that there would be no penalty.  I do not need to retain or transfer the number.

In line with the guidance in the Plusnet Member Centre website, I therefore called Plusnet in early July to notify them of my wish to terminate the contract.

I was assured by the lady to whom I spoke (I did not get her name) that this would be done, she had made the necessary arrangements on "the system", and that the contract would come to an end of the 30-day notice period - ie in early August.

I have no reason to doubt her word.  But I have had no confirmation or acknowledgement of my cancellation instructions, and there is no indication in the 'My Account' details that the contract will end in early August.

This may happen automatically.  In which case all will be well.  But I would rather like to have something in writing (or on screen) which actually confirms that my contract will be coming to an end.  I do not want to get into a wrangle next month about the situation with my Direct Debit. 

For my broadband contract (which is also with Plusnet) I always receive emailed reminders or confirmation following any discussion or request regarding changes, updates, renewal or imminent expiry of my current broadband deal.  Is it possible to get some similar sort of confirmation, or acknowledgement, of the forthcoming termination of my mobile contract?

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Cancelling my Plusnet mobile contract - how to get confirmation?

Hi @br1anst0rm 

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving us.

If you can drop me a PM with your mobile number and full name I'd be happy to double check this for you 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
br1anst0rm
Grafter

Hello @MatthewWheeler .  Thanks for picking up on this.  I've sent you a PM.  The good news is that I have (via separate email) had the confirmation/information I was seeking ... and that I'm not in fact "leaving Plusnet". 

I'm giving up my Plusnet mobile SIM contract (it was a secondary backup and rarely used). 

But I plan to continue as a customer of Plusnet Broadband, to which I have been a satisfied subscriber for many years. I just hope the good service and support I have had so far will continue!

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Thanks for confirming! I was ready and raring to go to double check it for you but glad you are all sorted now. Pleased to hear you are staying with us for the broadband. If you need anything on that end just drop me a line and I will check on it for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team