Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled unused mobile account - have to pay for 2 months

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Cancelled unused mobile account - have to pay for 2 months

Posting in the hope a member of the mobile CS team might intervene.

I signed up with Plusnet Mobile (welcome email received 17/1/2017), but waited as long as possible for all their teething troubles to be overcome (number porting problems, data problems, 4G access problems etc. etc).

I briefly popped the SIM card into the phone to test that it worked and that it wasn't one of the cards affected by the data issues that were at that time being experienced by a large number of customers (as featured in the media). No calls or texts were made, just one speed test (2MB of data). The card was then removed from the phone.

I have just called to cancel within the first month. I have been informed that I will have another months bill issued and the service will remain active until sometime in March.

Which means I will have been charged for 2 months service with Plusnet Mobile while the card has been sat on my mantelpiece.

The nice chap on the phone apologised but said there's nothing he can do.

I'm only about 8 days out my initial 14 days cooling off period, and fully accept that I'd have to pay for one month, but not two.

I'm not happy!

2 REPLIES 2
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Cancelled unused mobile account - have to pay for 2 months

Hi toggie101,

I'm sorry that this hasn't been clarified. If your billing date is during the 30 days notice of termination, you will be billed for another months line rental as we charge for this in advance however, providing you haven't used the SIM at all, you will receive this back into the bank of the Direct Debit you have set up on account the following month. If you have used the SIM during the 30 days, you'll only receive back a partial refund. 

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Cancelled unused mobile account - have to pay for 2 months

Thank you @RebekaPreston for the swift reply.

Sadly there was no mention, or hint, that the extra month billed would be refunded later (assuming no use has been made). I shall monitor my bank account for the refund in due course.