Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation feedback

FIXED
David_W
Rising Star

Cancellation feedback

First the preamble, years ago when people started to get mobiles I took out a contract phone for my mother so she could phone people on the mobile instead of the landline, thereby saving money, and also giving her a phone for when she went out around town or anywhere.  Fast forward 10 or so years and I switched to PlusNet (transferring the number from Vodafone), sim only, that was a few months ago.

I have no complaints about the PN service, it does what it said on the tin, provides mobile phone service at a fantastic price.

Sadly though, my mother has passed away a couple of weeks ago, because of this I no longer required the phone service for her, I phoned up the cancellation number and the first chap I spoke to was really nice, can't fault him in the slightest, he put me through to cancelations/retention(?).  The guy there was also nice, but tried to retain me and my mothers number.  Bear in mind this is a ported number so my mother has had it for 10+ years.

This is where my problem lays, I strongly feel that if the reason to cancel a contract is due to a death, there should be no attempt to retain the customer,  true, it's not my death and I am the contract holder, but I would not want to retain a number which would be constantly called by people asking for my mother and having to explain each time that she has died.  So I think that's my feedback, generally the call was good but the attempt at retaining left a bit of a bad taste in ones mouth.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Cancellation feedback

Fix

Hi @David_W,

I'm sorry for your loss and for the experience that you had when you called to cancel the mobile. I agree that attempting to retain you was inappropriate in these circumstances and I will pass on feedback regarding this.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback, and for your kind words about our services and pricing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
David_W
Rising Star

Hi @EmilyD , can you please check the cancellation has gone through?  I've got an email about my latest bill being available and being £1.60 in credit, as I was told that my next payment would be just past the 30 days they would take the money and then refund, but if I'm still getting bills has the account been cancelled and wouldn't the credit be more along the lines of £6 and a refund?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear that this has happened David.

So that I can look into this can you PM me the account details and I'll see what I can do

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team