cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send message with plusnet error 96

Felix59

Can't send message with plusnet error 96

After receiving a replacement phone and putting new sim card in the phone, I have been unable to send text messages, I can receive them, but can't reply to them.

I've tried putting the sim card in another phone and the same error code comes up. 

I've cleared the cache, uninstalled updates, updated and still the same code comes up. 

HELP! 

4 REPLIES 4
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Can't send message with plusnet error 96

Hi @Felix59, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for the issues you're experiencing with your Mobile Service. So we can look into this for you, can you please PM:

- your full name & confirmation that you are the account holder
- your full address including postcode
- the mobile number in question?

Once you've sent those details please let us know via this platform

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Felix59

Hi there. The details are as follow...

[Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Felix59,

You should be able to a PM to @abails0105 by clicking on her name, on the right hand side of the screen you should see "send private message" in a grey box. You can of course send the same information across on our social media channels if it's easier.

Let us know if you need further assistance,

Thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Error 96 is typically an incorrect SMS service number(SMSC) . You can find the correct number from here https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

On android you can check it from 

Settings (global) - System - About phone - Status - Network - SMS centre number.
Works on Android 9.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.