cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send message with Plusnet - Error 28

dona3853

Can't send message with Plusnet - Error 28

Anyone else get this? Seems to be with only certain contacts which I was texting yesterday no problem. Nothing has been changed on my phone and switched off and taken sim card out and restarted. Been with online chat and they couldn't offer any help.

26 REPLIES 26
stormy
Dabbler

Re: Can't send message with Plusnet - Error 28

Same issue here, either error 28 or some message about the number not been correctly formatted, worked about 30 mins ago now I cannot send any messages to any numbers. Sigh.

SarahB

Just discovered the same problem here. I was able to text the same contact an hour ago but now getting error 28. I have restarted the phone, tried searching mobile networks and reselecting Plusnet but it's still got the same error.

I also cannot get mobile data working. My daughter who has only just switched to Plusnet has the same problem
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Me too.

Can't send texts. Mobile data not working.

But can make phone calls.

Mesmer

Same here too - can't text or use mobile data but can make calls. This is not the first time I've experienced this in recent days!

Lurkio

Same issue here. Can't send texts and no mobile internet.

Come on Plusnet, tell us what's happening.

dona3853

I hope someone from Plusnet is monitoring this board and can update us. Contacting customer services was a waste of time.
veloman
Grafter

Not sure what error 28  is but my wife who is on EE network texted me, i replied by text or tried and notification said message failed, review and try again.  Tried several times without success. Can make voice call to her ok but no texts. Tried another contact and text also failed.  Whats going on PN?

dona3853

I think error 28 is just what some Android phones say if they can't send a text. It possibly says something different on iPhone.
GrayT72

This is the third time I've had this problem since Friday evening when it started. Obviously something is going on with the EE connection. My work colleague is on Virgin, which also uses EE but he's not having any problems. What's going on? No details from anyone and customer support don't even know. Not very good at all. Looks like it maybe time to leave!

rik1

Same problem here two phones not able to send texts but can receive no problem

dona3853

My son just got home with iPhone that has a Plusnet SIM and said I can't send texts. Not at all happy and this appears to be an ongoing problem looking at the other thread about this. We've got 3 Plusnet Sims in our house and happy to cancel all 3 if this is going to carry on.
Mesmer

How about some feedback Plusnet? Looking back, there was a similar thread on Friday relating to calls failing and texts not working (we did experience that on the 4 sims we have in the family). See https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Can-t-make-calls-just-texts/m-p/1593887

TheWeeBear
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Add another to the list getting this error, no text will send. 

jstallan
Grafter

I called them...  They are aware of a problem across their network..  I advised that a service announcement would be good, but they said they needed to analyse the problem more...  Even a "Yes, there is a problem" would help!