Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls or texts on mobile

SirChadders
Hooked

Can't receive incoming calls or texts on mobile

Hello, 

I recently ported my mobile number over to Plusnet and have been using the mobile to make calls and send texts. However, I noticed I have not received any calls or text messages from anyone other than an EE mobile.

When I call the number from a landline I get number not recognised and this is the same when calling from any Vodafone or O2 mobile.

I have logged a support ticket but I've been told they will send me a new sim which will take 2-3 days to reach me. This sounds like an extreme solution to the problem as I assumed this is a network provisioning issue on the backend and not sim or phone related.

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue as I couldn't see anything like this from the existing posts?

8 REPLIES 8
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Can't receive incoming calls or texts on mobile

Welcome to the Forum,

Did you port your old number to PN mobile from EE

If so your number has been " Part Ported " I think it's called 

That's the problem and it may clear I would ask  

SirChadders
Hooked

Thanks and it was ported from Vodafone.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

The other thing I would check if you have not already been asked to do it is to check your phones APN settings

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

SirChadders
Hooked

I've checked APN and all good thanks. I've also tried the SIM in another phone and same problem so ruled out anything on the phone.  However the reason I think this is a network provisioning problem is that regardless of whether the phone is on or off you should still be able to reach voicemail. The fact that you get the number not recognized announcement when you dial the number from a landline suggests that external networks are not recognizing the number. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @SirChadders I've dropped you a PM, could you get back to me when you can please?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SirChadders
Hooked

Just to update anyone following this - I waited patiently for 3 days for a new SIM to arrive having been told this will resolve the problem and having installed the SIM this afternoon the problem remains - number not recognised still.  When I contacted Plusnet that the new SIM hasn't resolved the problem I was asked if I would like this passed back to the back end team to investigate but this will take 5 days for them to get back to "us". Do you really expect your customers who are paying for a service to sit back and wait another 5 days to have a working service? You clearly need a better support contract in place with EE if this is the level of service they are providing you. You might be cheap but if you can't provide a working phone service then I have no option but to go elsewhere.  

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@SirChadders 

When you place a call, does the called party see your ported number?

Would you know another Plusnet mobile user, if yes can they call your number successfully?

@adamwalker 

This issue probably needs passing to the number porting forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SirChadders
Hooked

Yes the called party can see the correct number displayed. Another EE mobile can call the number successfully. However, landlines and any other mobile operator will get number not recognised when calling.
Thanks.