cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls

Willali

Can't receive calls

For the 2nd time in 10days I can't receive calls - have moved to Plusnet after 20 years with Vodafone, beginning to think it was a really big mistake. This is only month one.

Anyone else got the same problem ?

11 REPLIES 11
Romsey1

Re: Can't receive calls

Same for me today. Can't receive calls. last week I could'nt make or received calls for most of the morning. I'm Romsey area.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Family report they can’t receive calls either
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jwebber

The solution seems to be (on iPhone) to go to Mobile Data >> Mobile Data Options and switch to 3G. This sorts it and you'll now receive calls again.

However, that's a terrible permanent solution, and so hopefully PlusNet will provide a better one. It's not an issue with our phones, it's with the service.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm unable to receive incoming calls either.  Was working yesterday at 14:00 so the fault kicked in sometime after that.  Plusnet aren't answering the phone and web chat is offline, so how can I log a fault?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Seems to be ok here, Nottingham, received a call about 40 mins ago.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Romsey1

Thanks. I have mobile data OFF as I am working at home and have the internet.

Switched on Mobile Data, and can now receive incoming calls.

aesmith
Pro

Slightly different symptoms.  I also keep mobile data switched off unless I need it.  (Sensible considering Plusnet's punitive data charges!).   Switching it back on, and limiting to 3G and incoming calls started working.  Have continued to work (I think) with data switched back off. 

However this is a nonsense isn't it?   With mobile data off, why should it make any difference whether it Off for 3G or Off for 4G?  And why does this affect voice?   

So now to use data I can't just switch it on, I have to go into settings and change back to 4G, then switch it on.  And remember to do the reverse once I've finished otherwise my mobile is out of service.

Any chance of Plusnet commenting on the actual fault and the plan to resolve it?

I don't know if these are the symptoms everyone is seeing, but when I call my number the call just hangs indefinitely as if the number hadn't been dialled.  However looking at the outbound call I can see the Invite going out for the call to mobile, and I get a Trying back but then nothing.  No busy or out of order or not found, or even any generic error.  Just no response at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Willali wrote:

For the 2nd time in 10days I can't receive calls - have moved to Plusnet after 20 years with Vodafone, beginning to think it was a really big mistake. This is only month one.

Anyone else got the same problem ?

Yes a friend was trying to call me this morning and said my phone was off so he called my daughter to make sure I was OK she called my Three mobile which was on 

A good idea if you want to use PlusNet  is to have another phone not on the EE network but EE was on this moening as my daughter is on that

I would not hold my breath if you want an explanation of the fault because you never get any feed back

HD 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch everybody. I'm sorry for the problems you've had with your mobile service. We had this logged as an issue and we fixed the problem this morning. If you've had issues since then I'd recommend rebooting your handset and remove/re-insert your SIM in the first instance. Send me a PM with your mobile number if the problems persist.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 

Gandalf

Plusnet Help Team 

What was the problem it was not an EE problem

HD

aesmith
Pro

I agree, I know a few people who were on EE and none had problems.