cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls

kipperash
Dabbler

Can't receive calls

I'm generally a big fan of plusnet customer service, so I really want to be able to use and recommend plusnet mobile, however for the last two days I've been able to receive calls.
Outgoing calls are unaffected but incoming calls from my bank just go straight to voicemail.

I've tried reconnecting to the network.
I've tried rebooting the phone.
I've tried disabling call forwarding via #21#.
No luck Sad

I'm afraid that this issue combined with the lack of short code support form a strong argument for a switch of network provider.
11 REPLIES 11
Andybunn22
Hooked

Re: Can't receive calls

Had this issue, for 5 days now. Very unlikely to get better in the coming days for you unfortunately. Everytime i try to register my phone with the Lloyds bank app, i cant get any calls or texts for the next few hours. Restarting my phone provides a 5minute window where calls and text are able to come through but after this time i am back to square one. Not being able to receive calls or texts basically a phone useless. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Everytime i try to register my phone with the Lloyds bank app, i cant get any calls or texts for the next few hours

I'm not sure how!, but that sounds like something could have enabled 'do not disturb' mode on the phone. Have you checked any DND settings ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Andybunn22
Hooked

Yeah checked all the settings, tried resetting, multiple different phones, changing network, disabling 4g and only 3g on.

Still nothing, i havent been receiving calls and texts all day. Outgoing working fine

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

In that case it does seem (as you indicate in the other thread) like it could be a PN issue to do with short codes.Sad

It seems like getting them to take seriously, and investigate, issues like this and the lack of roaming connectivity is like getting blood out of  a stone!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gdj1981
Dabbler

Not a phone issue as same problem with that banking app, resolved it my end by setting up call back via a landline, but major issue for many at the moment.  The worst thing is not knowing not receiving calls and texts.  was working fine when set up before so only seems a recent issue?

Andybunn22
Hooked

Its a genuine shame, never had anything wrong with Plusnet. Had broadband with them for a long time and as a loyal customer wanted to try out their mobile services.

Unfortunately for the past few days this issue has been crippling my connectivity with people. Cant even get a text message for verifying my login on places like google/facebook 

Agressor

Move your SIM to a different phone to make sure it's the network and not phone settings
gdj1981
Dabbler

First thing I tried, sim in other phone the same
Heatha
Dabbler

Still same problem?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi kipperash!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'd like to try and troubleshoot this issue and help in anyway I can.

Can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet. 

- Rebeka 

killsta
Dabbler

Rebekah, this is a Plusnet issue so stop wasting everyone's time asking them to rescan networks, etc.

There are many, many posts on this forum reporting the same fault, so how about you look into the obvious problem that Plusnet customers have receiving calls?