cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from bank?

blane40

Can't receive calls from bank?

My bank is Halifax and I'm trying to verify a payment via my number. However, when I get Halifax to call my number, I receive no calls from them. It's only been doing this within the past week and a bit. Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Can't receive calls from bank?

Just to confirm is this regarding your landline or mobile?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
blane40

Mobile. Attempted calling my number from another phone in which it goes onto answer phone instantly.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi blane40!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet.

Let me know how you get on.

- Rebeka 

killsta
Dabbler

It doesn't work.  I've had this problem for over a month and Plusnet refuse to acknowledge it, let alone fix it.

Just check all of the many other posts on this forum.

gdj1981
Dabbler

surprised this isn't fixed yet. Still don't receive calls or texts from Lloyds.  Hassle of having to phone and go through lots of details to make a payment as quickly can't verify when then get in touch.

killsta
Dabbler

And silence from PlusNet.

Kind of makes you think they don't give a [-Censored-] Wink

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Sounds like a short code issue - which PN doesn't support.

You will need a new SIM.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
killsta
Dabbler

Surely the answer here isn't "PN doesn't support it".

This isn't something trivial, this is an every day occurrence that needs to work.

How can a mobile network not support automated calls from banks/other companies?  Ridiculous.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Don't shoot the messenger Wink

I'm just aware that getting a text from a short code seems to brick the sim in some / most cases.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gdj1981
Dabbler

Plusnet well aware of this when I spoke to them last night when I was upgrading my packages on 2 sims I have.  Last week I couldn't get a bank call to verify things (as they was just random checking a payment) that never bricked my phone as checked I could receive incoming calls straight after and all fine.  The issue for me was installing a banking app on a phone I reset, couldn't receive incoming calls to verify things (was going straight to answerphone)  was unaware this happening until a few days later people asking why my phones not on! eventually fixes after some time but still annoying having no idea, maybe Plusnet could send out emails regarding this as its a major problem.  Lloyd's my bank, funny though as had no issues when first signed up and set up[ on phone so its a problem that never used to be there.  Hoping it will be resolved soon

killsta
Dabbler

I think we've concluded that PlusNet don't care about this issue or the inconvenience it causes.

They've had quite a long time to acknowledge it, but they haven't.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I get text messages from my bank & credit card provider asking me to confirm that I've attempted to make a payment but I can't reply 'YES' 'NO' by text & have to phone them & go through a 10 minute security check.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@killsta wrote:

I think we've concluded that PlusNet don't care about this issue or the inconvenience it causes.

They've had quite a long time to acknowledge it, but they haven't.

@RebekaPreston  @PlusnetLiam  Can someone from the Plusnet support team step in and respond to this thread please

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

... and maybe this https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Is-Roam-Like-at-Home-working/m-p/1454046#M4911 while they're at it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.