cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls abroad

bomazu

Can't make or receive calls abroad

Hi. I am currently in Tunisia.
I used my phone when I arrived no problem to make a call back to the UK. My smart cap limit was reached. I asked family back in the UK to call Plusnet and top up my phone with more cedit. It had been toped up and I had a text to confirm this yesterday.
However now I can not sent or receive any calls or texts, despite having credit. My phone shows that I have a signal, using the Orange network. Apparently when my phone is being called from the UK it is showing as busy. I am receiving notifications throughout the day that I have voice mail but can not listen to them.

What can I do about this?
8 REPLIES 8
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Can't make or receive calls abroad

Hello @bomazu I am deeply sorry to hear you are unable to use your mobile services.

Can you please switch off your mobile device, remove your SIM card for a minute and pop it back in.

If you are still experiencing issues with using your services. Can you please private message me the following details:-

- Your full name

- Your full home address, including your postcode

- Your mobile number

Kind regards,

- Wakas

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Sounds very similar to this (albeit quite old!) thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Smart-Cap-reached-when-roaming-no-connection-Then-what/m-p/1442...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bomazu

Thanks for the reply. That seems to be it! So you reach your smartcap then plusnet cut of your phone.

I'm hoping I can figure out a way to get things rolling again while I'm still abroad and without the ability to use my phone for calls and texts.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Have you tried Wakas suggestion of removing and replacing the SIM card. I believe that can reset some settings on the SIm card.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bomazu

Yeah, I'd already tried it this morning before it was suggested to me.

Didn't help Sad
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're having issues roaming.

If you can PM me your mobile number I'll be happy to look into this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bomazu

Pm sent
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @bomazu

I have responded to your PM.