Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls to landline!

jogwolf
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Can't make calls to landline!

I tried to call the court telephone number 0300 since this morning in vain no ringtone just a sound that it connects but nothing happens, I looked online for another of their numbers 0207 and it is the same. I wanted to make sure this not coming from me and called my own landline and sure enough the call was not received. Calls from my lanline to my mobile are working, my data is working with 4g and full signal I can make mobile to mobile calls but no landline. The cherry on top is that I tried to call customer services 500 to understand what happened and that's not working either, I've made calls to landline and customers services before so this problem is recent and pretty certain it from plusnet can someone tell me what is going on?
31 REPLIES 31
JackUK

Re: Can't make calls to landline!

I have the same problem. Can't make call to landline. Only mobile is ok. Can plusnet fix it?

steelysiu

I too cannot make calls today to mobiles and '03', '08' numbers? But on some Mobiles i can?

olove

You guys are not alone! Hopefully PlusNet is aware of this and working on it .. Sad

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

deshpandea

Hi,

I've had the same problem since yesterday. Unable to make calls to landlines.

leenites

Can't make calls to 02,01,03 numbers. Only able to call mobile.
BullyBeef
Hooked

I have contacted PlusNet Mobile - Via chat as 500 isn't working along with other land lines.

Just had platitudes.

Looking else where (including Downdetector and Downtoday) this is a wide spread issue.  Mobile - Mobile seems OK but not Mobile to Land Line.  Some people can receive land line calls but for most it is either silent or appalling quality.

Obviously a major EE issue since at least this morning if not yesterday.  However the PlusNet agent would not even confirm that they were aware of it being a wide spread issue and had not information to share on either cause or possible fix time.

Very poor customer service.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Seems to be an EE network problem.

Ghafoor

Same in Blackburn Lancashire, we have about six Plusnet phones in family and none of them is able to call landlines.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to hear you are all having this same issue!

We are aware of some customers experiencing difficulties making calls on the EE network, and are now working closely with EE and other suppliers to get this resolved as a matter of urgency.

Once we have an update, I assure you we will let you all know!

Thank you for your patience on this - Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Ripplyuk
Grafter

Can't make calls!

I can't ring out. I've been trying all morning to ring the hospital but I've now realised I can't make outgoing calls at all. It's like the line is just dead. Then I got a strange engaged-type tone for a while before it goes dead again. I've tried turning it on/off, toggling airplane mode/cellular data etc. Nothing works. Help! 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Can't make calls!

Ripplyuk
Grafter

Re: Can't make calls!

Thank you. I posted without looking first! Though that map in the evening standard doesn't show this issue in my area. I guess it's more widespread than that now.