cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls from abroad

PNUser789
Hooked

Can't make calls from abroad

Bit stuck here as could really do with getting my phone working. Am currently in Morocco and can receive calls, but not make them, text, or get any data. Have tried manually selecting different local networks bit none of them work. Could anyone suggest a fix? Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Can't make calls from abroad

It may be your account + sim is not enabled/authorised to make calls outside of UK.

That's to protect against fraud.

Best buy a local PAYG Sim card down at local bazaar; will be much cheaper !

PNUser789
Hooked

Thanks, yeah a PAYG SIM is a potential backup plan. I'd like to make calls from my existing number though.

Have tried successively to get an online chat to see if there's an issue with the account but it seems to always be busy.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch.

We'd be happy to check on the account side that there is nothing obvious preventing you from being able to access calls/text/data. Could you please private message:

-your full name
-your full address including postcode
-your mobile number

It's worth noting however, that we are unable to guarantee service availability overseas as we don't have full control of the signal strength, functionality with the masts and local network in that particular area. However, if you can send those details requested above we can check the account is set up for international usage.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
PNUser789
Hooked

Thanks for looking into this. I've PM'd over the requested details.

The local mobile networks here in Morocco seem good so far. I currently have excellent signal strength available on a number of 3g/4g networks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for the PM.

We've just sent another one with the last few steps needed for us to investigate

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PNUser789
Hooked

Thanks Matthew. YHM
PNUser789
Hooked

Is there any progress with this? I'm still unable to make calls or get any data while abroad with Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We don't just yet I'm afraid but we'll keep checking and will let you know when we have. Could you get back to us in response to what Ollie asked in our previous reply please?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PNUser789
Hooked

Hi Adam, I sent two messages to Ollie in response the his message, the first regarding local network connections and the second about APN configuration, but have not had a reply. Perhaps you could check he has seen them?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @PNUser789

I have sent you a Private Message with a response to your query. Please have a look into your inbox at your earliest convenience.

Should you require any further assistance, please do comment on this forum thread, so we can continue to further assist you.

Many thanks.

PNUser789
Hooked

This is still not resolved but I am getting charged additional usage somehow. Could you look into this as well please?