Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get bolt-on to work

FIXED
Marshall
Fixes: 1

Can't get bolt-on to work

Hi,

I ran out of data on my monthly 4.5 GB plan while on holiday and so purchased a £10 2 GB bolt-on on 22 August. I got a text to say it was being processed but no other text after that to say it was active.

I was not able to access the internet via 4G after that, and since arriving home I have not been able to either, only through the house wi-fi. I tried switching my phone off and on, switching mobile data on/off, airplane mode on/off, etc. but still am unable to access mobile data.

I downloaded the Plusnet app when home and it shows I have 6.5 GB remaining out of 6.5 GB and that I have apparently not used any mobile data since 10 August ... if I go through to the ee app address that was texted to me when I ran out of data, it says I have no data available!

I've just spoken to a Plusnet rep who told me it must be a fault on my phone (iphone se 1st gen) and to reset the network settings. I have done that and still no access to mobile data. The call was then cut off (not the rep's fault I'm sure). 

As I am now at home so can use wi-fi for data I would like a refund of the £10 as I was unable to use it but am a bit concerned that when my data refreshes in a week or so that I will still be unable to use mobile data.

Please can a Plusnet rep have a look at this for me?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Marshall
Fixes: 1

Re: Can't get bolt-on to work

Fix

Just to follow-up on this, I PM'd one of the Plusnet staff who has sorted this out for me.

It seems to have been a problem at Plusnet's end, not mine. To fix, they restricted the services on my account so my text/call/internet was switched off (unless connected to wifi to use internet), then unrestricted them and it seemed to clear the problem so I can now use the extra mobile data I bought. It did take about a day to do the switches though.

Might be helpful for anyone else in the same boat!