Did you mean: 

Can't get a bolt-on

FIXED
agavin
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Can't get a bolt-on

Hi.

Today I went over my data and smart cap when setting-up my new phone (left it installing apps and didn't realise my router had gone down and therefore went onto mobile data).

my smart cap is £2. so my mobile data was suspended when i hit £2 worth of data usage.(good job i lowered my cap).

I received a text from plusnet explaining what had happened and was told to text a particular number to get a bolt-on if i wanted to continue to use mobile data.

i logged into my account and made an advance payment of £10. which said was successful. but my £2 outstanding smart cap still showed after some time. thinking the payment had not gone through, i made another payment of £10. later the smart cap use reset to £0 used (stating i had not spent anything into my smart cap).

the £2 smart cap being paid off, proves that my payment was successful and had cleared. therefore i have remaining credit of £18 (or £8 if the first payment was not successful; although i believe it was). i have no idea were it would be indicated, but my excess credit does not show anywhere on my online account?

i text the number given (data 1000) to buy a 1gig data bolt on (very much needed as its over 20 days until my data resets). i got a message back saying 'sorry there was a snag with your bolt on', linking to a web page with information about buying bolt ons. i attempted several times at varying amounts of data (all within the amount i should have in available credit). but got the same result each time.

i definitely have enough credit to buy the bolt on, so why will it not let me buy it? and were has the advance payments i have made gone (no indication of my payment other that my smart cap having been paid off)?

i cant have no mobile data until the middle of next month (ideally i needed it sorting earlier today when i was attempting to add the bolt on).

please advise.  Sad

5 REPLIES 5
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Can't get a bolt-on

Fix

Hi agavin!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Any credits applied to your account can take up to 24 hours to reflect within your online 'My Account' however, if you could send me a Private Message with your details, I'll take a look into your account and hopefully get that Bolt-On applied.

- Rebeka 

agavin
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

thanks for your support sorting out my bolt-on. problem fixed

Smiley

kind regrds.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, glad I could help. 

- Rebeka Smiley

adax

Hello.

I am also unable to buy a bolt-on, which means I have been paying £1.50 per day because I can't buy more data, could someone help me buy a data bolt on?

Thanks

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi adax,

If you could send me a Private Message with your details, I can certainly take a look into this for you. 

- Rebeka