cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call voicemail

jimvideo

Can't call voicemail

I apparently have a voicemail message but when i try to call to listen to it the call disconnects immediately and I get the 'call ended' text onscreen.

7 REPLIES 7
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Can't call voicemail

Hi @jimvideo

sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your voicemail, this certainly doesn't sound right! 

If you drop myself or any of the other mobile staff a message we can check your settings and have a look into this for you. 

JimD
Hooked

Suffering the same problem. Chat not available and trying to call Customer Services not working. I have a voicemail from my Doctor , who has now gone home, and I can't find out what it is.

HELP!!!!!

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @JimD, I'm really sorry to hear that you have also been struggling to access your Voicemail.

Please try removing your SIM card for a few minutes and then replacing it.

If this doesn't fix this for you, please send me a private message with your mobile number & I'll reset the service for you!

Thanks

-Oli

JimD
Hooked

Problem cleared without me doing anything. Dialing 555 now works but I did not make any fix attempts. Been travelling around about15 miles so not a base station fault.
Anyway everything working thanks Oki for the advice, I will try If it happens again.
DerekL

I'm new to Plusnet. I Asked to have voice mail turned off. They did that but the result was unsatisfactory. At the end of the ring time there was a tone which indicated I had rejected the call. So I asked support to turn voice mail back on.

They have failed to do that even through they say they have done it on their system. If I dial 555 the line drops as it does if I dial the long voice mail number. Support have given me a number of MMI codes to try but for each I get the response "connection failed or invalid MMI code". They are now sending me a new sim but that can't be the problem as it was working initially.  Although support are unable to solve the problem they they seem to be unwilling to pass it on to someone who can using the excuse forms have to be filled in and more information needs to be obtained.

All that is required is for them to reinstate the voice mail box they have deleted.

I have wasted a lot of time with this including waiting for calls back from support that didn't materialise.

Disappointed with Plusnet

Derek

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @DerekL

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your voicemail, 

could you please try entering the following codes into the handset:

**004*+447870020555*11*30# OR **004*07870020555*11*30# 

This should automatically divert your calls back to your voicemail if the call isn't picked up. 

DerekL

Thanks for your reply.

Have previously tried both of those MMI codes but get the error message "connection failed or invalid MMI code"

Plus net support appear to be giving me the run around they failed to call me on Sunday or this morning (Tuesday) as promised.

Regret giving up on Plusnet and have ordered a SIM from another company.

Best regards

Derek