Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy bolt-ons

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't buy bolt-ons

hi

Whenever I try to buy a bolt on I get a message saying they've hit a snag. I text Data 250 and half a minute later i get a reply saying its hit a snag and to check my details. I've tried several times, is the some other way to buy bolt ons?

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Can't buy bolt-ons

Hi Steely,

thanks for getting in touch today. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues adding your bolt on, if you drop me or any of the mobile staff a message we can certainly get this up and running for you. 

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi Meatloaf123!

I am sorry that you have had an issue with an SMS bolt-on.

I will be more than happy to take a look into this, but as outlined in my response on the other thread you have created, I need you to send me a PM so I can access your account Smiley

Thanks
-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol so the plusnet help team didnt actually read meatloaf's joke post they just automatically post the same response no matter what the customer asks?

BTW meatloaf are you using imperial or metric bolts? Samsung are only metric I think Wink
Anonymous
Not applicable

A broken cerebrum parser and an addiction to copy and paste me thinks. But to be honest that's quite shocking.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

To be fair, how do PlusNet know whether the poster is making a sarcastic comment (I can't talk I do them all the time), or whether someone is actually asking for help?

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Apologies 

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex in the context of @Meatloaf123's post it's screamingly obvious that this was a joke all one needs to do is read it to see that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LivRobinson, see my post above to @Alex.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex wrote:

To be fair, how do PlusNet know whether the poster is making a sarcastic comment (I can't talk I do them all the time), or whether someone is actually asking for help?

Well, to be honest, a little common sense and a basic grasp of the English language is usually all that is needed. It doesn't fill a customer with much confidence when the people that are there to help are obviously not reading the posts. 

Meatloafs post was the 3rd post in the thread and clearly was a self-contained joke, not buried two pages in, referring to an 'in joke' that only would be understood by reading the entire thread.

Anyone who took 5 seconds to read it would have realised. I received the reply via email with no context and I managed to deduce it was a joke.

But then again I may be a comedy writing genius, able to spot a joke at 50 paces, Edinburgh Fringe here I come.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

I have now locked this topic as it is just cheap shots at staff trying to do their job of helping customers.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine