cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access mobile phone account???

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Can't access mobile phone account???

I put more than 1 digit in mine with no problems, can't say I tried the other options.

Selgovae
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Mine contains:
1 capital letter
7 lower case letters
4 numbers
2 special characters
Mayfly
All Star

Well I've tried a combination of digits/symbols/numbers etc and when I click next nothing happens, almost as tho' the next button is disabled. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think maybe that what @SpottedDick is referring to is a minimum requirement, so you'll need a minimum of 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, 1 non-alphanumerical character then fill the remainder up to the minimum size with any combination of lowercase letters. Alternatively you could create a password up to the maximum allowed size using any combination of upper and lower case letters, digits and symbols provided the aforementioned minimum requirements are met.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

That's not what he says at all if you read it again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear about this ongoing issues you're experiencing with accessing your 'My Account' feel free to drop me a Private Message so I can look into this for you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Colin_Maybe - Is that directed at me?

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Sorry, yes it was. I must start putting peoples names in the replies Smiley

Edit: @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @Colin_Maybe but you might want need to re-read my post. As having read @SpottedDick’s post I took from it there was a minimum requirement for the password, so I tried to make these requirements clear in my post. So what point are you trying to make about my post, what part of it do you think is wrong?

Colin_Maybe
Pro

@Anonymous You only actually made one statement and it was wrong, do you really need me to highlight it for you? Surely it can't be that hard to see?

This seems to be very important to you for some reason so I'll just leave you to it bud, have a nice day Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

On reflection it wasn't (and may still not be) a well constructed reply, so I've edited it. Where possible I like to provide information that is accurate so if someone spots an error and points it out I'm grateful for it, so thanks.

SpottedDick
Dabbler

Hi Mook,  Nope, the only minimum requirement I refer to in my post is that relating to the password being a minimum of 10 characters overall. I struggled to set a password when creating my mobile account because I, like you, assumed that the spec meant the password should contain at least one capital, at least one number and at least one non-alphanumeric. So clearly the spec is ambiguous.

I think it would be helpful to new users creating an account if PlusNet posts some examples of acceptable passwords.

Mayfly
All Star

I still can't access it even after help from a member of staff.

I logged in OK 1st time, tried to change the password and couldn't, logged out cleared cache/cookies and can't log in again.

When I try the link on the PN homepage I get this 

HTTP Status 404 - /pn-myaccount-webapp/change-details/

type Status report

message /pn-myaccount-webapp/change-details/

description The requested resource is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.52 (Ubuntu)

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Mayfly,

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to access your 'My Account'. If you could try the following link https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/Login.xhtml on a different browser other than Chrome and let me know how you get on.

- Rebeka 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t really need to make this post but it will make me feel better as there appears to be some confusion regarding my post about the password structure and I don’t like things to be left dangling.

@SpottedDick, no you didn’t specifically say anything about a minimum but from the content of your post it was implied.

The only way I could set a password…

So using this and the information I took from other posts I made mine based on my interpretation of the information. I have also noticed that @Anonymous has Liked the post which implies to me that my assumptions were in fact correct, so now the only thing we don’t know yet is the maximum size of the password.